Join now - be part of our community!

Internet video server stopped working on BDP-S370

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
jyates
Visitor

Internet video server stopped working on BDP-S370

Posted this in response to another long thread so not sure whether the lack of response is because it is hidden away at the end of that thread or because no-one has an answer?!

Got home a couple of nights ago and my wife said iplayer isn't working. Getting the message "Connection status cannot be confirmed. Configuration failed while connecting." Wired connection and internet settings all show fine and network connection diagnostics are fine.

I've tried a full reset of all settings and initialising personal information.  All this has done is to remove all the icons like iplayer and leave "Internet Video - select to refresh internet content" under the music, video etc on the cross bar! This obviously gives the same message about configuration failed...

I also deregistered/unlinked the device on sony.internet.tv but of course now can't re-register as I can't access the option in the menu which would give me the registration code! The box clearly sees the internet and reports under network that it is already updated.

It is 2 weeks old and from Marks annd Spencers so I doubt it is an import - had all the iPlayer logos etc on the box, UK plug and all that. It worked fine straight from the box until a couple of days ago.

I've now left it in standby for a couple of days and still nothing!

My only thoughts are could my ISP (O2 broadband) have blocked iptv?  It really hasn't been used that much so I'd be surprised if that was the case. iPlayer works fine from the laptop.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jyates
Visitor

Took it to a relatives and tried there with exactly the same result (including trying two different network cables).I also shared my laptop's mobile wifi connection with the blu ray through the wired network port using a cross over ethernet cable. Every time the Blu Ray claims to be able to see the internet but the internet video server comes back with the same message about configuration failure (ie it fails at step 1 of 3).  Spoke to M&S helpline who agreed a return immediately and I exchanged this afternoon. New box connected first time and works fine suggesting it must be something to do with the Blu Ray player.  Hopefully the new one will continue to work fine.

Thanks for the assistance and fingers crossed.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Catmambo
Contributor

Hmm - must be something unique in your player or network as the service is up and running. any possibility to try it on a friends web connection to try and narrow down the fault ( is it the Blu-ray player that's faulty, or a glitch on your network?)

Thanks

jyates
Visitor

Yes I'll try connecting to someone's else's broadband.  What does "configuration failed while connnecting" mean given that the box is saying all the interne connections are fine.  I assume it is a problem somewhere connecting to the server? Is that correct and if so is there any way to test the connection from my laptop before I start transporting the box to another location? Thanks

Catmambo
Contributor

Not sure exactly what that error message means. The system is pretty bomb-proof normally simply needing a web connection via Ethernet/wifi etc to work. I've connected tons of devices and they normally just work straight away.

Assuming your home internet connection is working ok, I'd maybe try another ethernet cable just to make sure. You've done a full reset etc, so its not a software glitch. I think you have gone through all the reasonable steps to identify the issue and you seem pretty tech savvy :smileyhappy:. As you are probably still within your DOA period with M&S, maybe just swing by and get them to swap it out for a replacement. Should be painless.

Hope this helps

jyates
Visitor

Took it to a relatives and tried there with exactly the same result (including trying two different network cables).I also shared my laptop's mobile wifi connection with the blu ray through the wired network port using a cross over ethernet cable. Every time the Blu Ray claims to be able to see the internet but the internet video server comes back with the same message about configuration failure (ie it fails at step 1 of 3).  Spoke to M&S helpline who agreed a return immediately and I exchanged this afternoon. New box connected first time and works fine suggesting it must be something to do with the Blu Ray player.  Hopefully the new one will continue to work fine.

Thanks for the assistance and fingers crossed.

Catmambo
Contributor

Great news. Glad its now working..