Join now - be part of our community!

iPlayer on BDP-S185 will not respond properly to remote control?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Jahoolii
Visitor

iPlayer on BDP-S185 will not respond properly to remote control?

As described above, I'm having no joy with the iPlayer on my new S-185 (one of the main reasons I bought it). Using the arrow buttons on the remote to navigate the iPlayer interface results in completely random operation. It simply will not let you select certain menus - you can try, but it will just flicker and select a completely different menu entirely. I simply cannot access any of the services I want.

I think other users have had similar issues with different Sony Blu-Ray models and had success by resetting the hardware to factory setting etc. I have done all this and ensured that I have the most up to date firmware. Still no joy... has anyone got any ideas??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DelUK1
Visitor

Tried it last night and all seems to be working fine now !

Thanks if this wasn't a coincidence, either way I'm very pleased now.....

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
DelUK1
Visitor

Hi, I have exactly the same problem and it's really frustrating. I like the player a lot but this problem is a real let down, especially as the programs I can access look great especially the iPlayer HD ones.

Someone please help ! I have updated the software and reset as the user above.

Cheers.

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

Sorry to hear you are having issues - can you raise a call with the customer support line so it can be investigated further? If you have updated firmware and reset it and its still not working, then we need to try and replicated this ourselves.

Thanks

DelUK1
Visitor

Hi, OK I will do this as you advise. It's very strange as other internet services such as Youtube seem to be running fine. Also the areas of iPlayer that I can manage to navigate to work fine. I see that in the US/Canada they have just released a version of firmware ending in ...29.

Thanks.

Message was edited by: DelUK1

Catmambo
Contributor

iPlayer is a bit of a unique beast - due to the unique standing of the BBC globally and iPlayers success in the UK, its specially configured for UK devices. You wouldn't believe the amount of engineering work that goes into it on our side.

I'll flag with the guys here also and see if they can reproduce it.

Thanks for raising the call.

DelUK1
Visitor

Tried it last night and all seems to be working fine now !

Thanks if this wasn't a coincidence, either way I'm very pleased now.....

Biffda
Visitor

Hi There,

I have the same problem, same model.

Did anyone get any help with this? I have the same problem, and it's driving me mad. iPlayer is next to useless, I cannot select anything, using the arrow buttons on the remote selects more than one option and hitting select selects random things. It just doesn't seem to work.

It did work when I first used the player yesterday, but I was then prompted to update the unit and it hasn't worked properly since.

I have reset to factory settings and turned it off and on again afterwards. No joy.

Help!!

Thanks

CB

Biffda
Visitor

Bump!!

Still got problems..am condiering getting a refund and looking elsewhere. 😞

DelUK1
Visitor

Hi, you have my sympathies - this was driving me mad too. I don't understand why it just started working overnight but it did. It's very strange and I'd like to know what the answer is ?

robbiesimpson
Visitor

Hi

I have just bought this player and a big part of the my decison to buy was for the iplayer function.

On switching the player on I could navigate the iplayer menus but could not actually start any of the programmes. I did a update the network and this connected to the internet and updated the player.

With the update installed I tried to use iplayer again and now I cannot navigate the menus but I can start the highlighted programmes.

Is there a solution to this problem ? It does not look good if you can only use this every now and then.

Thanks