Join now - be part of our community!

LG OLED55CX5LB to Sony BDV870/370 Sound Non Existant

profile.country.GB.title
Gedgemeister
Explorer

LG OLED55CX5LB to Sony BDV870/370 Sound Non Existant

I've had the LG about 18 months. The BDV since about 2012. Prior to the LG I had a Sony Bravia linked to the BDV. It worked.

Now, I have a BT TV Box in between, instead of a Sky box. My last plea for help, which if fails, results in the BDV going in the skip. I've tried most if not all the recommended solutions but still no sound.

LG takes feed from BT box, sound through TV no problem. Optical lead from TV connected to Wireless Headphones allows sound through both TV and headphones. Same lead disconnected and plugged in to BDV, no sound, nothing, no changes to setting on TV.

Have tried HDMI from BDV to LG not going through ARC and can operate BDV options on screen but still no sound. Swap to ARC with HDMI, I can't see the options on the screen neither do I get any sound.

I was thinking they were incompatible, but if that were the case, I wouldn't be able to see options of the BDV on the screen neither play a DVD which I can (with sound through the BDV). So BDV works, TV works, He,adphones work, but TV will not output sound through the BDV.

End of the line, unless someone can assist. TIA.

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Gedgemeister 

You need an HDMI cable from HDMI 2 on the LG to the HDMI Out on the BDV.

Do not connect the TV to the BDV by optical any more, if you are doing this. Only the HDMI cable is needed,

You need CEC control On in the system settings of the LG TV. It is probably on by default, though.

In the System settings of the BDV, you need Control for HDMI On, and ARC set to Auto.

This should get the audio from the TV flowing into the BDV,

The BDV may sense the incoming audio, and switch to that input. Or if you need to select the TV audio input manually, press the FUNCTION button on the BDV remote repeatedly until the BDV indicates it is set to TV..

Do you have the manual for the BDV to hand? If not, here it is:-

https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/res/manuals/4178/41782471M.pdf

The settings I’m talking about are on page 56.

And report back if this is successful or not. Though if it isn’t, we can look for further tweaks

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…