Join now - be part of our community!

Lip sync problems

profile.country.en_GB.title
simoneast
Visitor

Lip sync problems

Guys!

Sony are asking for help with the sound sync problem. There is a request for everyone with lip sync issues on the E380 and some other devices to give details:

Get on there and let them know this needs fixing!!

Cheers!

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

Made thread a sticky post

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

Re-enabled the sticky function

75 REPLIES 75
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Yes Sony are asking for help but not via the link or phone number that that Simon posted above..

If anyone is encountering lip sync problems with their sony device please post in this thread & supply as much details as possible so that we can ensure it gets collated by the correct people..

Model type:

Firmware version:

Problems encountered:

simoneast
Visitor

Sony KDL-46HX803 - latest firmware (12/11)

Sony BDV-E380 - latest firmware (12/11)

Sony PS3 slim

Humax Foxsat HD

Everything connects to the TV and then to the HTS via ARC. All HDMI cables are high-speed (1.4) and good quality.

Sound is out of sync on Dolby TrueHD and DTS Master HD Blu-ray. If adjusted for these it is then out on other media - the PS3, HD TV both through the Foxsat and the TV's Freeview (ITV1HD is worse).

Xvids, DVDs and Dolby Digital 5.1 Blu-ray vary, some DVD are out when set to normal but most are okay. They are all fine if adjusted for BD playback however

So I have:

Option 1

BD, DVD, Xvid, normal TV - OK

HDTV, PS3, Sat - Out of sync

Option 2

HDTV, TV, PS3, Sat - OK

BD, DVD - Out of sync (HD sound by far the worse)

Also fast forwarding makes it worse.

simoneast
Visitor

Excuse me but the link was to a Sony knowledge base article and the number I gave was correct (and has now been amended on said Knowledge Base Article).

Can you explain why you are advising people not to follow the advice therein, to wit:

"Customer advice

If you are having lip sync problems, can you please report this to our call centre on 0844 8466 555 (9am-5pm mon-fri) and quote knowledge base ref ID 1805."

I don't appreciate the inference that my posts were untruthful.

Pablo-24
Visitor

I Have 46" KDL46NX713, I have this horrible problem of Lip sync, I have tried all of the different solutions that I found through searching google and nothing helps. It has to be down to The Sony Tv, All of my kit works perfectly on 2 lesser know brands.

I called Sony for help, October last year, "We will call you back with a solution" they said.

I called again EarIly Jan, and nothing AT ALL had been done with regards to my fault "We will call you back with a solution" they said.

I called again a week later and this time they said that my other equipment is at fault, and said they will not look into the issue at all, what a joke. 5 Year Warranty whats it worth SONY.

I called some other local eletrical stores who seem to know a million times more than Sony Customer Support and they also feel that if the equipment works fine on other Tv's then the fault lies with the TV.

One person will not make Sony do anything about this but if loads of us log faults about this issue then Maybe SONY will pull their finger out and do something about this.

Model: 46" KDL46NX713 Bravia Smart TV

Firmware Version: PKG5.045EUS-0108

Porblems Encountered: Read above

Case Ref: sony case number: 27188759 sony case ref:    27221510

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

simoneast wrote:

Excuse me but the link was to a Sony knowledge base article and the number I gave was correct (and has now been amended on said Knowledge Base Article).

Hi Simon,

do you have a working link to the knowledge base that you are referring to.?

simoneast wrote:

Can you explain why you are advising people not to follow the advice therein, to wit:

"Customer advice

If you are having lip sync problems, can you please report this to our call centre on 0844 8466 555 (9am-5pm mon-fri) and quote knowledge base ref ID 1805."

I don't appreciate the inference that my posts were untruthful.

When I clicked on the link that you supplied in your posts it did not go to a knowledge base article but to a web.nhs.net site, so I checked with Sony & they asked if users could post their problems in a thread on the forum..

As you had brought this the forums attention I wanted to start the thread with your post but as the web site you supplied was incorrect & Sony had asked that user kindly post in this thread I thought best to remove the link & number..

I did not attend to cause you offence..:smileysad:

profile.country.nl_NL.title
kire1980
Visitor

Ok, here's my situation again. I'm having severe problems setting up a BDV-E380 system. I'm unable  to get the audio and video from different sources to synchronise  correctly.

My setup:

BDV-E380 HDMI OUT <--> TV (Philips pfl8606), using HDMI1 with ARC)

Mediaplayer (Netgear EVA9150) <--> BDV-E380 HDMI1 or directly to TV HDMI2 and coaxial audio to E380 (sat/cable source)

The  problem is that no matter how I connect my mediaplayer, I always end up  with a situation in which the audio is lagging with respect to the  displayed video.

Because  the audio is lagging, there is no way to correct it: using the AV/Sync  option on the E380 only allows one to add an additional audio delay (in  my case the audio is already delayed to begin with). I'm unable to  measure accurately, but it seems to be delayed at least 250ms.

I  tried all possible connections and available options (i.e. connecting  mediaplayer directly to TV HDMI2 and audio trough optical or coaxial  link to E380 or any other way). I also tried disabling HDMI ARC, Control  over HDMI, Easylink, BraviaSync or any other option I could find but  there is virtually no noticable difference.

When  I disconnect the E380, and connect the mediaplayer directly to TV,  the audio sync if perfect. Using another mediaplayer exhibits the same  problem. I tested both mediaplayers in also another configuration (using  a Samsung HTS), and in this case the AV/sync is perfect, so it seems be  caused by the E380.

So  it seems that for some reason the E380 is delaying the incoming audio  coming either through its HDMI inputs, SPDIF optical or coaxial. Altough using the  digital input (SAT/CABLE source) the delay seems to a bit less but still  very noticable, and very annoying...

Suprisingly,  when I use the TV input on the E380, and have it playing the TV audio  stream (from TV to E380 trough HDMI ARC or optical SPDIF) the sync is  perfect... but I still have the audio lagging when using external  inputs on the E380.

One  additional thing I noticed is that switching the E380 off and back on again while the audio is playing, the A/V sync sometimes becomes much smaller, but not always...

flogger12345
Visitor

Looks fine inmy unit. There are lip sync issues tho on some but I figured it was a DVD problem. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vbulletin-smile.gif

profile.country.IE.title
Guzo59
New

I am very disappointed by this issue.

I hope Sony will be the great company it is and get a fix out by software update very soon!

Model type: BDV-E380

Firmware version: Latest One

TV : Samsung UE55D7000

Cable : Tested with 2 different HDMIs (1.3 and 1.4), same issue.

Problems encountered:

When playing a Bluray with HD audio (DTS or DD) I get a 175ms sync delay and you can see it by looking at the lips of the actors.

It also happens (less important delay) with DVDs

If A/V sync is set to +175ms it works, but then my TV + Xbox 360 + PS3 + USB Key is out of sync.

I have to go back and forth between the 2 and it is REALLY annoying.

I paid 450 euros for this homecinema and I guess I should have avoided the all-in-one.

If you want to test the issue (this is for Sony people), just get the "Inception" bluray and look at the lips of Leonardo Di Caprio at the precise time of 01:41:15 hh:mm:ss.

In normal DTS-HD mode, you can clearly see that Leo is disynchronized when he is talking (he makes big lips movements). If you delay the A/V by 175 ms, it's perfect!

Please do something quick!

You probably don't care but the way you handle this issue will determine whether or not I will purchase more Sony products!

Thanks.

Message was edited by: Guzo59

Message was edited by: Guzo59

profile.country.en_IE.title
samirali
Visitor

Hi There ;

I have exactly the same problem with the terrible lip synch with both sets of the Sony BDV- E 380s. I bought 2 sets last October, both connected to Philips 55 PFL 70606H-3DTV via sony flat high speed HDMI cables( DLC-HD 20 HF)

I have no problem whatsoever when I paly blue rays through them. But when try to get sky HD 3D 1 TB box, I get lip synch problem, Tried all sorts of different connections but could not help, when I bypass the 380 and connect the sky box directly to the TV then it works pperfect . so it must be the 380, not sure if a software update might solve the problem.

Tried sony support for BDV-E 380, tips and solutions, all sorts of problems and solutions posted there BUT the lip synch!!! I do not know why??

Will appreciate more update and feedback.

THank you

Regards

samir