Join now - be part of our community!

LSPX-P1 App issues.

profile.country.GB.title
Prowlmedia

LSPX-P1 App issues.

So I have a Rather Nice LXPX-P1 ultra short throw projector... 

My Question is... Well a feature request. 

The power on/off button in the app is tiny.  Like 3mm on a iPhone X - Needs to be bigger or part of the Big chunky buttons to change the settings. 

There is a power and volume button on the the IOS widgets... They don't work as they should and ONLY open up the app - whichever button you press.  Should actually do what they are supposed to.  If the widget worked and had mode buttons that would fix most of the problems. 

Needs an iphone X version. 

Really a projector that costs this much should have come with a remote OR at least be controlable from a Logitech Harmony or something - Especially as it has an IR  blaster in the box. 

18 REPLIES 18
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi prowlmedia, 

Welcome to the community. 

You sound frustrated with some of the features on your LXPX-P1 Ultra Short Throw Projector.

I will pass your feedback on to the team.

Best wishes,

Pascale_F

profile.country.GB.title
Prowlmedia

Thanks... but the problem with buying sony is you never get any proper answers. Things get lost in Translation. 

I have 6 of these for my business.  

Will they ever update the app and Firmware 

1. The iOS widget works as expected. 

2. It powers on to the HDMI even if there is no source selected. There is a setting for start up to last source and it

never remembers it and it starts on the Screensaver. 

3. Iphone X update ( less of an issue ) 

4. Is it possible to overate with any kind of remote?  Functions needed:
Power on / off 
Volume up / down / Mute 
Cycle source - less of an issue if it remember last source as it's supposed to but never does.

I really need an answer to these or it they will have to go back. 

profile.country.GB.title
Prowlmedia

Can someone who actually builds the app please get back to me. It’s even more broken with the latest iOS update. 

Its a £900 projector with no way to switch source without the app or control volume.   And given it ONLY boots to the screensaver this is terrible. 

UPDATE THE APP

MAKE IT WORK PROPERLY 

STOP IGNORING YOUR CUSTOMERS AND FOBBING THEM OFF

profile.country.GB.title
Prowlmedia

So someone from actual Sony support replayed to this and now it's disappeared - From the email notification: 

"Regarding the screen saver point you made earlier, does this happen on all 6 units? How are they set up and connected? Do you feed them all from one source?

I'd recommend a factory reset if this only happens on one of the units."

They are in differnt shops I own.  They all do the same thing. I have done a complete reset on the one in my house.  

Basically they never remember the mode they are in. 
1. Unit is in sleep - HDMI Unit Attached to for example Amazon Fire as a source. 

2. Turn on with a iPhone - Takes a about 10 seconds before anything changes on phone screen(!) then 20 seconds to turn on. 

3. Always goes to Screensaver/Poster

4. Phone app takes anther 10 seconds to update and show the Poste is active 
5. Press HDMI - Takes 40 seconds to connect 
6. Connects and working 

7. Then Iphone app has a pop up saying HDMI Unit cannot connect / is the source plugged in - but it's working 

All of them do it.  Is it a sleep issue with the Source device perhaps sleeping?  and the HDMI protocol?  

The App needs to be updated - not been touched in 5 months

PLEASE PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO THE ACTUAL TEAM THAT MADE THIS. 

TS Business Division, Consumer Experience Producer
Yusuke Murasawa

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/ts-interview-lspx-p1

1. Widget does not work on iphone at all. 

2. Power Button in the App (8 on image below)  needs to be BIGGER and not just grey and a darker grey to tell if it's on or off RED and GREEN!!!  
Again if the widget worked wouldl be less of an issue. 

3. Volume Control should be bigger or more responsive - Perhaps with a mute button and ideall coudl be controllable with the Phone volume buttons like many other apps do when they are open ( i.e. Logitech Harmony)

4. Perhaps more screensaver options?  

5. Iphone X build

6. IFTT integration for the Power / volume / switch source ( the channel allready exists )  This would solve a lot.  

7. Logitech Harmony Interation.  The device has the Magic eye extender - can that do anything or does it only pass instructions to the HDMI box? 

8 Rename the app -
it's called -
PORTABLEULTRASHORTTHROWPROJECTORAPPLICATION -
All one word and shows up on the phone as 
PORTABLEULTRAS...

Call it Sony Projector or something

My concern with this device is it's relies completely on the App and that has not been updated in 5 months.   It's a £900 device  which, becaiuse of the app, takes way to long to get swtiched on and operating correctly.... then takes way to long to swtich off. 

How long is it goingt carry on working at all - what if sony remove the app from the website ( as it is all the posters have an expiry date of 2023 for some reason ) - It's like a beta app that plain doesn't work the way it is supposed to!! 

Basically it should have come with a remote or be controlled by a all in one remote and lot of this would not be an issue.  Pehaps it can be controlled by another sony remote any ideas? 

i2000.png

profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Prowlmedia,

I've had some feedback from the relevant team about this.

Please can you first make sure the firmware of the projector is up to date following this link: https://bit.ly/2I3lLgt

In regards to the startup to the last source (Last mode displayed), this will only happen when the projector was on "Network Standby: and not completely off as explained in the following link: https://bit.ly/2rdgVn2.

Could you confirm if the scenario is different or the same as described?

Many thanks,

Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
Prowlmedia

Firmware is 3.014 - latest 

Yes it's in network standby.   Actually it WILL go to last source when woken form standby when the device button is pressed - not useful as they are on the ceiling. 

It won't got to last source when the POWER icon is pressed on the app.  Always to Poster. 

profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Prowlmedia,

Apparently this means there is no issue as the manual describes that it will go to the last source only when it's on network standby mode.

Thanks, 

Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
Prowlmedia

Sorry you reply is not correct - the first thing i said is "Yes it's in network standby"

Process 

Device is off 

1. If it's off and you turn it on with a long press it goes to Poster mode - this is expected.  Takes longer to start up

Device is on and in Network Standby 

Option 1:  If  you press the device button lightly it wakes quickly and goes to last source. 

Option 2:  When you wake it with the app (so defintely connected) it wakes quickly and ONLY goes to the posters. 

Option 1 is not useful as the Projectors are very high up

profile.country.GB.title
Astrayer
Explorer

LOL. OH, there are so many issues with this useless user-unfriendly app! Where to begin?  Wildly unhappy with this pathetic  app and its projector. Slow to power on, slow to connect to the device, no iphobe X support, no RFID remote, stupid app name, ugly amd inefficient layout!  On and on and on.