Join now - be part of our community!

LSPX-P1 App issues.

profile.country.GB.title
Prowlmedia

LSPX-P1 App issues.

So I have a Rather Nice LXPX-P1 ultra short throw projector... 

My Question is... Well a feature request. 

The power on/off button in the app is tiny.  Like 3mm on a iPhone X - Needs to be bigger or part of the Big chunky buttons to change the settings. 

There is a power and volume button on the the IOS widgets... They don't work as they should and ONLY open up the app - whichever button you press.  Should actually do what they are supposed to.  If the widget worked and had mode buttons that would fix most of the problems. 

Needs an iphone X version. 

Really a projector that costs this much should have come with a remote OR at least be controlable from a Logitech Harmony or something - Especially as it has an IR  blaster in the box. 

18 REPLIES 18
profile.country.GB.title
Astrayer
Explorer

profile.country.GB.title
Prowlmedia

I know right! Such a shame when the hardware is Pretty solid. Sure it’s a bit slow to power up but projectors tend to be... but guess the chip is slow too.

i actually got hold of the lead project manager in Japan, he’s named on the uk website, and told him about it.. his response. Not my department! He was the project lead and now can do nothing about the awful app.  

This is why why google and Apple are just plain Better at tech now. They react and actually fix things. 

No one from tech support at Sony has replied to me in weeks. Just say thats how  the app is.  Other companies like denon also have awful control apps... BUT they have onscreen controls and remotes too. Sony can’t seriously just let this stagnate. They must have a duty to actually SUPPORT this £900 device?!?!  

And again no one in support or the lead designer has said what happens if the app is discontinued!? Dead projector? 

@Astrayer wrote:

LOL. OH, there are so many issues with this useless user-unfriendly app! Where to begin?  Wildly unhappy with this pathetic  app and its projector. Slow to power on, slow to connect to the device, no iphobe X support, no RFID remote, stupid app name, ugly amd inefficient layout!  On and on and on. 

profile.country.GB.title
Prowlmedia

@Pascale_F wrote:

Hi Prowlmedia,

Apparently this means there is no issue as the manual describes that it will go to the last source only when it's on network standby mode.

Thanks, 

Pascale

Can you read the previous message and other and speak to the team again? AND Please find out about my other concerns 

profile.country.GB.title
Astrayer
Explorer

Man, that’s disappointing - but you’re right about why companies like Apple
and Google having pulled ahead of sclerotic tech co’s like Sony. I can’t
tell you how many New York City apartment dwellers I have talked out of
buying this projector b/c of the poorly designed app and the lack of a
remote control. It’s a great little projector and is otherwise perfect for
apt living, but man, the app... slow to open, poorly laid out, slow to
reconnect, slow to respond, opens to POSTERS? As if anyone who buys his
buys it for Sony’s content!

Anyway, I’m impressed you were able to hunt down the original project lead
- but not surprised he’s no longer invested. Sony has always been
ridiculously siloed.

But you’re right: at $900, this device needs a much better interface. Sony
needs to get its act together. Truly a disappointing purchase.
profile.country.GB.title
Prowlmedia

F2227F70-A645-4FB4-9586-BA2610F1EFD5.png

This is is what I get now when I open the app after last update... note... no freaking power button!!!

This is getting stupid. I’ve returned 3 of the 6 I had... do I have to return the rest too?  Literally the worst app I’ve ever used for a device as expensive as this.  All because Sony didn’t put a remote in the box. 

Absulutely shocking service from the support centre about this... and yes I have factory reset them and installed the app from scratch and on different brand new devices and it’s still the same. 

profile.country.GB.title
Prowlmedia

Following this up. Reported this 3 weeks ago and had no real response back... just still looking into it. 

It it really does highlight a MASSIVE issue with Sony choices here. By making a device ONLY work with a mobile phone app and not a remote with on screen controls means it’s USABLE life is potentially extremely limited to however much time they consider it acceptable to support the app after end of sale... and considering that that have not updated the app in a year ( apart from removing IFTTT support - which was one main reason I bought it ) how is this acceptable for device still currently on sale!?!

and what makes it worse... it has and IR receiver on the device - just no remote!!!!

profile.country.GB.title
Prowlmedia

5 WEEKS and still no real response from Sony. 

They literally have the worst customer service I've ever experienced.  I have Projectors that I cannot turn on.  An app that's useless and crashes and still all of this could have been solved with a remote. 

A THOUSAND DOLLAR device that they are still selling with shocking reviews on Amazon. because the app is the only way to turn it on if it's out of reach and that app has not been updated in a year.  

And the most stupid thing is the Projector itself is fantastic.  when they have worked properly which is about 4 months of the past year. 

Seriously, Sony needs to address the lack of updates to the device/app. 

The app will eventually become obsolete because the OS of our devices will no longer support it. The device is only 3 years old and the software is not being supported. If updates to the app or an alternative is not provided, this projector destined to become a brick.

It'd be nice to control POWER, SOURCE, and VOLUME via IR so it can be controlled with an Universal Remote.

profile.country.GB.title
Prowlmedia

What's worse is they are still selling it.   I love the actual hardware.  But whoever thought of not having a remote should be fired. 

I have been speaking with Support for a month now and no help is forthcoming.  Only yesterday they have asked for a receipt...

My question to you sizzlersamm is what Phone and what OS are you on?

For me the latest app update has completely screwed it and I cannot turn it on with the app at all - when I manually turn it on it works and connects.

I still don't know if it's an issue with my Projector / App / OS / iPhone Xs !!  ( though I know it doesn't work with an older iPad when it used to ) 

And the most annoying thing... it HAS an IR port that seemingly is only for Pushing IR to the HDMI video sender unit which is insane.  But if the app does die then it will be useless anyway.  No Focus or Pin control. 

This is honestly the worst run around customer service I have ever had - Zero response from Sony about the state of the app - and they need to commit to a Timescale they will 100% support the app.   Even if I could have a 100% working app I'd buy a cheap android device and use it as a dedicated remote.