Join now - be part of our community!

Music Playlist problem - BDP s570

profile.country.en_GB.title
JesusHKrishna
Visitor

Music Playlist problem - BDP s570

Can stream music from my laptop to bdp s570 over wifi network but in order to get albums to play in right order (yep, I still by albums not individual mp3 tracks) have to create playlists for each album.  However, when try and load music playlists menu more often than not the system crashes, telling me the server is unavailable or can't be found.  Doesn't do this if I play tracks from artists or album lists, or any of the others.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Catmambo
Contributor

Hmm - which DLNA server are you using on your laptop?

Thanks

JesusHKrishna
Visitor

Thanks Catmambo.

If I understand the nomenclature  correctly, I'm using Windows Media Centre to share files over the network.

Understand that other software might be available and so guessing that that might solve my problem?  Any recommendations (also considering rigging up an old laptop wired direct into the router to act just as a server)?

Ta.

Catmambo
Contributor

Checkout Serviio www.serviio.org - free and very good. Very active forums and under constant development. Even has profiles for Sony hardware to optimise the experience.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

JesusHKrishna
Visitor

Cheers Catmambo.  So far so good.  Like the additional features not available on WMC like random play and the transcoding .

Thanks Again.:smileygrin: