My TV viewing setup is this

TV: Sony Bravia KD-43XD8305BU

Blu Ray: Sony BDV-EF200

Sound Bar: Sony HT-CT80

Tivo Box

Current connection:

Tivo Box HDMI out to HDMI 1 on TV.

TV optical out to Sound Bar.

Blu Ray HMDI out (ARC enabled) to HDMI 3 on TV (ARC enabled)

Having bought the sound bar, I didn't see the need for the included speakers with the Blu Ray player so detached them from the player itself.

Now I can't get any sound from the Blu Ray when playing discs. Even with the Sound Bar turned off, there is no sound coming from the Blu Ray via the TV. I have even switched the input from the Blu Ray to the TV to non-ARC enabled HDMI ports and still the same issue.

Basically I wan to be able to hear Blu Ray sound via the Sound Bar connected to the TV. How can I do this?

I get the feeling there is no audio out via HDMI from the Blu Ray. But that sounds bizarre? Or that removing the Blu Ray speaker set is not the right thing to do in that audio is sent back via ARC to the Blu Ray.

Also the sound bar only has 1 optical input. No HDMI conntections. The Blu Ray also has an optical input. 

I just can't figure out how to get sound out of the Blu Ray at all without using its speaker set.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Jeremy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Looking in the manual:

Audio Output - Speaker  + HDMI.jpg

You must set the Audio Output on the bluray player to "Speaker + HDMI" - however it also states that "Audio signals are not output from HDMI (OUT) jack when set to Speaker + HDMI and "HDMI1 Audio Input Mode" is set to TV" - So ensure its set to HDMI1

Audio Input Mode.jpg

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Looking in the manual:

Audio Output - Speaker  + HDMI.jpg

You must set the Audio Output on the bluray player to "Speaker + HDMI" - however it also states that "Audio signals are not output from HDMI (OUT) jack when set to Speaker + HDMI and "HDMI1 Audio Input Mode" is set to TV" - So ensure its set to HDMI1

Audio Input Mode.jpg

Cheers

Jeremycwl
New

Perfect, thanks so much for your reply!

I stumbled across the solution by re-routing the HDMI connections between the TV and the Blu Ray player. Originally I got picture but no sound when running from Blu Ray to TV on HDMI 3 (ARC enabled). I switched to HDMI 2 on the TV, with the same results. Then I switched to HDMI 1 and it worked.

Thanks again!!