Join now - be part of our community!

No digital signal on RDR-HXD770

profile.country.en_GB.title
imanartichoke
Visitor

No digital signal on RDR-HXD770

Hello,

I have a Sony Bravia RDR-HXD770 recorder and a Sony Bravia TV. I've always had Virgin Media up to now so have never needed to use the digital/freeview, but we've just moved and cancelled Virgin, so have tried to set up the Digital channels.

No matter what we try, we can't get any digital signal at all. We've read various people's comments and discovered there was a Firmware update, which we've done. So we're now on version 1.70. But still nothing.

Has anyone else had problems like this, and if so, anything you could suggest? Thanks!

Liam

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Liam

These models have a separate ariel input for Digital.  Have you connected the ariel to the digital input in the centre of the back of the recorder!

Sorry for suggesting something so basic but this is often the problem - I have done it myself!

:thinking:

Bravia55HX

as is checking the quality of your aerial, even something as basic as that is easily overlooked, especially if you have just moved there, is there even an aerial up there?

MLorenz
Visitor

I have a similar but different problem.  My TV and recorder was set up and working fine but for the past two days when I try to view the TV via the recorder box or watch something I've recorded it says 'no signal'.  I can see that it's still recording stuff and can watch the TV without any problems.  I've checked all the cables, switched them with another set I have and they seem to be OK.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Message was edited by: MLorenz

Message was edited by: MLorenz