Join now - be part of our community!

no internet connection

profile.country.HR.title
Vlatka1975
New

no internet connection

Barely a month old Sony BDP S6700 just stopped connecting to Netflix, YouTube, everything... Worked OK until then, although I had to restart it a few times the past couple of days, the picture froze or wouldn't connect. The Internet is working normally on all other devices though. I tried factory resets, unplugging the router... nothing helped. It's showing errors such as Connection status cannot be confirmed or The service cannot be accessed at this time. But it also says Local access OK, Internet access OK.

Anyone with similar problems? Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.SE.title
Pillenirumpan666
Explorer

Same for me!!! With my UBP-X700

And I live in Sweden.

Strange!!!

I've tried both with cabel and wireless, same result...

Nanot80
New

Hi, 

Same for me in Austria. error code 2123

profile.country.GB.title
bazz2011
Explorer

Mine became temperamental and Youtube was no longer working.  There were various error messages. A factory reset got it going again but not for long, then it just died.  As it hadn't had a lot of use and Sony equipment has a reputation for being reliable I suspected the power supply might be responsible.  The psu for a BT Freeview box is also 12v and it's jackplug fits the back of the Sony BDP S6700.  When I tried substituting it both the Sony player and the Youtube worked perfectly.  I already had a spare BT Freeview box and am now using the psu it came with.  The included Sony psu plug was rated at 12v and 0.8 amp which doesn't seem a lot.  The psu for the BT Freeview box is 12v  2.0 amp and that looks to be a better fit for the job.