Join now - be part of our community!

Not possible to shut down Sky HD box via NSZ-GS7?

profile.country.GB.title
shanwar66
New

Not possible to shut down Sky HD box via NSZ-GS7?

Hi

Just got the nsz-gs7 and it seems to be working fine with my sky hd box (Amstrad DRX890) but noticed that when i shut down my sony box, the sky hd box remains on. Is it supposed to be like this or is it somehow possible to put the sky box into standby when the sony box is also put into standby?

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
gofrost

no to put sky box to standby you need to use sky remote you can turn on the sky box on from standby using nsz remote using the epg button

profile.country.GB.title
shanwar66
New

Thanks mate, you've confirmed what i already suspected: you can turn on the NSZ by its remote but not put it into standby. Since i will still need the sky remote to put the sky box into standby in my current setup, i'll remove the connection from the sky hd box to my nsz and connect both units independently to my Pioneer kuro telly.

On a different note, i've discovered that i can watch BOTH Netflix UK and Netflix USA using the same Netflix app on my NSZ. I have a Netflix US account and entering a USA DNS server address on my nsz from unblock-us.com allows me to watch content from US..remove the DNS and i have access to the UK library :laughing: