Join now - be part of our community!

Opening music center app with bluetooth on causes wireless surround to disconnect

profile.country.GB.title
therealmorris
New

Opening music center app with bluetooth on causes wireless surround to disconnect

I have a HT-XT2 set up with two SRS-ZR5 speakers in wireless surround. If I open the Sony Music Center (songpal) app on my android phone, while bluetooth is turned on, it breaks the wireless suround connection and leaves the two SRS-ZR5s disconnected and needing repeated set-up.

These two speakers have never been paired to my android phone (or any other device) and there is no problem having bluetooth on, or using it to connect to the HT-XT2 to play music though the combined wireless surround speaker system - the only issue is when opening the music center app. It's very annoying and makes me avoid using use the app!

Has any one else experienced this problem or found a solution?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi there,

We'll look into this further and let you know what we find out.

Perhaps some other members can help too.

Best wishes,

Ed

profile.country.GB.title
Tenneen9000

Hi therealmorris,

This FAQ article mentions that even if one device from the group gets disconnected from the Wi-Fi network, the group will be removed from the app and you'll have to redo the setup again. Also, it recommends using a Wi-Fi connection. Can you let us know if you're following these tips already or not?

Cheers,

Tenneen9000

profile.country.GB.title
therealmorris
New

Hi, thanks for the response. I'm not sure that what you're describing is happening - the surround speaker group gets disconnected simply by opening the app with bluetooth enabled on my phone. If bluetooth isn't enabled (but wifi is) I can open the app no problem. The disconnection happens on opening the app, not even trying to play music through any device. The SRS-ZR5 speakers are connected wirelessly to the HT-XT2, but the HT-XT2 itself has a wired connection to the local network.

I can play music to the HT-XT2 (which comes out over all three speakers) using bluetooth and a different app, the only problem is with the SongPal app itself.