SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
dcy100
Visitor

Photo slideshow music

Issue: Unable to play background music during photo slideshow

System: BDV-E370

Firmware version: M04.R.735

According to the manual and the notes relating to the release of M04.R.735, it should be possible to play music from a CD (unfortunately not streamed via wifi which would be nice) while showing a photoslide show. This is achieved using the "Slideshow BGM" option while a show is playing. Unfortunately, when I press my "options" button, there is no "Slideshow BGM" option. All the other options (e.g. speed, effect) are there but not the BMG one.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Note that I am streaming photos via wifi - but there is no mention anywhere that the BGM won't work for a streamed slideshow - given they dont stream the music, I can't see why you shouldnt be able to stream the photos and play music from a cd, unless the system is not capable of streaming anything whilst playing a disc (which would seem pretty poor!).

I did contact Sony support for help, but got a typical type of "didn't actually read my original email" response which just pointed me to a page in the manual which i'd already read.

Thanks for any help.

David

Message was edited by: dcy100 Further testing has shown that the "Slideshow BGM" option is available if using photos from a USB flashdrive. Surely, given the wifi connection can stream HD video, it can cope with still photos and music at the same time! Very disappointed about what my £75 worth of USB wifi dongle can bring to the system! Anyone know who to contact with respect to sending in feature requests?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dcy100
Visitor

Customer support now confirms that you can't stream a photo slideshow and listen to music either from streaming or from CD. I think this is pretty poor and am beginning to get the feeling that the whole wifi connection thing has not really been thought through that well. That's £75 not well spent on a wifi dongle!

D.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
dcy100
Visitor

Customer support now confirms that you can't stream a photo slideshow and listen to music either from streaming or from CD. I think this is pretty poor and am beginning to get the feeling that the whole wifi connection thing has not really been thought through that well. That's £75 not well spent on a wifi dongle!

D.