Join now - be part of our community!

RDR DC205 recording untuned (ghost) channels

profile.country.en_GB.title
janpacker
Visitor

RDR DC205 recording untuned (ghost) channels

I have programmes on Channel 5 set to Series Record. Recently Channel 5+1 has been introduced although reception in my area is limited and so this new channel is not available. The GUIDE page shows 5+1 in slot 44 but I cannot select it as it is not tuned.

Since 5+1 started, my DVDR seems to think it should record 5+1 as well as the original programme on 5. This is shown by the "red line" on the programme GUIDE showing recording records one hour past the 5 finishing time AND highlights my selected programme again as due to record on 5+1. It will not let me delete this planned recording. It seems completely linked to the original version.

While the extra hour lasts, the recorder is NOT recording. All I can see on the DVD channel is the heading showing channel 44 and then a blank screen. So, I am not able to record another programme as the DVDR thinks it's got its priority right in continuing rather than starting another scheduled recording. This is an example - it happens for other programmes.

I retuned DVDR last night and have checked latest software is installed AOK. Problem persists.

Any ideas? I have tried to describe the symptoms fully but if you need to ask questions.

Thanks, in hope, Jan.

0 REPLIES 0