Join now - be part of our community!

RDR HXD/870 SIGNAL disappears after recording

profile.country.GB.title
westacre
New

RDR HXD/870 SIGNAL disappears after recording

Hi, I am losing all my channels after any recording I make and therefore I have to retune/sort channels and then they disappear again after a recording when the machine shuts down. Can I set the machine not to shut down after recording? My aerial strength/signal is very good in the signal strength box but this does not stop it from disappearing after recording, thus the machine will say "no channels" saved. Many thanks for any help out there.

PS, the machine worked great for a year but this has only started to happen over the last month.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Mooly01
Contributor

That sounds very strange indeed.

Random thoughts...

1/ Some older Sony TV's (and maybe other models) would not pass an aerial signal from aerial in to aerial out if the TV was disconnected from the mains. Normally the downlead from the aerial goes to the recorder first but these TV's actually showed it the other way around in the TV manual.

2/ What happens if you tune the recorder in, verify all is correct and then turn off the recorder and disconnect it from the mains for a while? Does it retain the channels?

3/ HDMI leads can generate lots of radiated interference that can interfere with any aerial lead running in close proximity.

4/ Has anything changed in your setup such as a new TV or connection method?

5/ With any weird issues you always have to at least try a factory reset... its all in the instruction book. Make sure no disc is in the tray and with the machine ON press and hold STOP on the front panel and while still holding stop then press the power button. The machine will shut down. Pull the plug for a couple of minutes and then repower and turn the recorder on. Make sure your TV is set to the correct input to show the recorder and you should see the welcome message and the recorder will revert to OOB (out of box) state. 

Ultimately I've never heard of anything like this happening on these machines.