Join now - be part of our community!

RDR-HXD970

profile.country.en_GB.title
Visitor

RDR-HXD970

Can anyone HELP.

When I set the recorder to record to the HDD using the EPG Guide, it will record the first programme and then turns the power off.

I have the latest Software installed (Version 1.70)

Have spoken to Sony (Call centre in Cairo) but all they say is do a factory re-set, which I had previously tried with no change, or send the equipment for repair.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

May you put some more information? Do you mean that you set more than one timer and all but the first are lost? Afterthe first recording, if you have a look at the timer list, it is empty?

Just to be sure about your problem you should know that:

• the recorder never switch off the power, it goes always in standby. You have to unplug it to really switch it off
  • It's normal that, at the end of a recording, the recorder goes in standby. It awakes one minute before next timer in order to start recording on-time (with a message like "timer ready")
Visitor

Hi rooobb,

Thanks for your advice.

Yes, when I set more than one timer, only the first is recorded.

I am going to start again with a factory re-set and then record approx. 3 progs. using the EPG Guide and will follow your advice in looking at the Timer list to see if it is empty.

Will let you know the results.

Visitor

Hi rooobb,

Did a Factory Re-set and then an Easy Start installation.

Recorded 4 programmes using the EPG Guide.

Each prog. had approx. 30mins. gap in-between recording the next one.

All the progs. were saved.

As you correctly said, the recorder went in to standby and then awoke approx. 1 min. before recording the next prog.

All now appears to be o.k.

Thanks for the help.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You're welcome. I was surprised that it was not working since, in my opinion, the HXD is a great machine unfortunately not supported anymore ...