Join now - be part of our community!

Real expert needed Atmos over Dolby TrueHD not working

profile.country.GB.title
MartinPie
Explorer

Real expert needed Atmos over Dolby TrueHD not working

Hi All,

Back when I was setting up my home theatre I posted an issue with Atmos not working on my X90J, UBP-X700 and Denon x4400h. I resolved this by resetting the TV - or at least I thought I solved this. Turns out all this did was set my TV to use ARC and not EARC. So Atmos was working but over Dolby Digital + (which is fine for streaming and I acknowledge all I can get).

When I try and run content with any "True-HD" Atmos the Atmos bitstream doesn't work. Currently the blu-ray player is plugged into the TV and then I use hdmi to my Denon. If I set it to use arc - I get Atmos over Dolby Digital +, if i set it to earc I just get Dolby True HD and no Atmos. 

I thought I'd try another HD spatial format DTX:X - This works absolutely fine, if I set the TV to use earc then DTS:X is detected as the input on the Denon. Which my mind shows bitstream is working over earc but just not Atmos.

Has anyone ever got TrueHD Atmos working?  Is there something I'm doing wrong?  Another thing tried is direct to the Denon but when I plug the blu-ray player directly into the Denon I get no audio 😒

0 REPLIES 0