Join now - be part of our community!

Recording problems with RDR-HXD890

profile.country.en_GB.title
Help_KT
Visitor

Recording problems with RDR-HXD890

Hi I have a RDR HDX890 and we have had problems with recording and signal loss while watching through the DVD ever since we had it. Sometimes it records fine but often it just doesn't. The timer says no braodcast. I found the new firmware and downlaoded that but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Hoping someone can help - the TV, also a Sony, doesn't have any signal problems.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

it seems to me more a cabling problem: have you tried to switch the connection of the recorder with the TV to see the effect?

In my experience (I have an HXD870 and a KDL32w4000 TV) the digital tuner of the recorder is able to work with signal quality lower than the tv...

profile.country.en_GB.title
Help_KT
Visitor

Hi Thanks for the reply much appreciated. I have tried changing the cabling but it didn't seem to have any effect. In desparation I have now taken it to a local company who set it up on their system and had the same problems. Next stop the Sony repair centre as I think there must be something wrong with the machine. I spoke to Sony about it some time ago and they said it was just to do with the digital signal not being strong enough at the time. I am a bit frustrated with their advice as the recorder is now out of warranty but all the reviews seem so good that I really want to get it to work.