Join now - be part of our community!

smp-n100 No playable media files

profile.country.en_GB.title
oibill
New

smp-n100 No playable media files

Hi ,  I have an smp-n100 which connects to my networked pogoplug on my pc running ubuntu.  The pogo plug has  2x1 tb drives.

The smp-n100 will display my pictures from the pogoplug drives, but will not play mp3's or avi's...  I get the error message "There is no playable file"

I had a goflex previously and it managed to play the mp3 \ avi's etc...  The only reason I swapped to sonys media player was because the goflex didnt have love films, but now I cant play my music over my network...

Does anyone have a idea what could be causing the files not to play...

Cheers...  

Bill

6 REPLIES 6
gmacp12
Visitor

Not familiar with Pogo but sounds like its built in media server software needs a tweak. I have a SMPN100 and use with a WD NAS. I had to play around with Twonky media software on NAS to get it to show all the video/music content in the way I wanted and get it on the SMPN100 in playable format. Twonky has option to specify the make/type of media player you are using but as I said I'm not familiar with Pogo.

@5453398301014547
Visitor

Hi.

I have the same problem with my Pogoplug and would be grateful for a solution.

Thanks

Barry

Catmambo
Contributor

We recommend using Serviio as a DLNA server as it works really well with all our devices and its free.

There is a video here which might help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwtBQJadBL8&list=PL3DC17A2EB20BA103&index=27

Thanks

profile.country.fr_FR.title
sletonqu
New

yes, with serviio.org version 0.6 a specific SMP-n100 profile is provided.

KDL-46EX501, BDP-S373, SMP-N100, Serviio.org
profile.country.GB.title
jobryan21
New

I have 3 Sony SMP N100 media players. I hold my media files on a QNAP & Synology NAS. I use Serviio on the Synology. They all connect wirelessly. One directly to the router. One via Devolo wireless point. One via a bridge which is connected via Devolo DLAN. Until recently, all video, music & photo files played perfectly across both NAS. Suddenly, the music & photo files on QNAP ceased to play. The media directories were no longer listed. I re-indexed the media files on the QNAP and got the media directories listed ie music, video & photo. The music files now play OK but the photos displays the directory listing but when a folder is clicked the error message "no playable files" is displayed. I checked Serviio and it can play music & video files. Although it lists the photo directory and can display a folder & file listing, clicking on a photo file results in the spinning wheel but no picture is displayed. This is the same across all 3 SMP N100's. All have the latest firmware installed. NB All photo files display in File Explorer OK so they are not corrupt. Any thought will be very welcome. Thanks in advance.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Ho guys, I have no experience when it come to pogoplug, but I found this update for the SMP-N100: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/home-video-other-home-video-products/smp-n100/downloads/Z...