Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 1080 receiver switching input always shows home screen

profile.country.GB.title
JackBerryman

Sony 1080 receiver switching input always shows home screen

Hello all, i’ve Just bought and set up my new 1080 and it’s almost perfect except for one thing. For some reason whenever I switch inputs (I.e to Netflix or turn on the PlayStation) the input switches ok but then just after the home screen pops up. This is really annoying as it means I then need to press the home button on the amp remote and I can’t just use 1 remote to control everything. Searching the net shows other people have solved this by disabling HDMI CEC but I really don’t want to do this as it would still mean having to switch the inputs manually. 

Anybody have any ideas on how to solve this? many thanks in advance. 

188 REPLIES 188
profile.country.GB.title
RattusNorvegicus1

The Denon takes a bit of setting up with adjustments needed to the source levels for sat/br/tv but once done is far less annoying

Sent from Th' iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
Dunc2610
New

Can confirm I have this issue too, and after switching from a denon amp, it's incredibly frustrating! 

profile.country.GB.title
RattusNorvegicus1

Two users on this very small thread have already swapped their Sony for a Denon and still no update from Sony. 

I am going to unsubscribe from this thread now as it no longer affects me having changed to a Denon after getting a full refund from Richer Sounds. 

profile.country.GB.title
ccarmock

Also have the same problem - Sony please respond - you sell this as a premium AV amplifier - please support it as such

profile.country.GB.title
Tarrier76

Before you go, please can you tell us which Richer Sounds you returned it to and how long you had it before returning it (Richer Sounds are telling me I've had it over 3 months so would have to have Sony authorise a return first.  Grrrrrr).

profile.country.IE.title
cornelius1

Hi, 

I have the same / similar problem. I have my apple TV connected to the 'Game ' HDMI in, but I can't select it when I press 'game' on the remote. I have to go to to 'home' and select the Apple TV from there.

Support can't or does't want to help - they asked me to send them photos of my connections and the 'home' screen.

Don't understand why

profile.country.GB.title
Tarrier76

Mate Sony either just don’t care or are incompetent.  I spent about 30 mins on the phone with them last week, resetting to factory settings, trying out various option, isolating input connections to test them without any corruption from other input devices.

After exhausting all their tests and still not finding a cause, they gave me confidence when they said they’d take it away and call me back on Tuesday this week.

Well, they did get in touch yesterday.  But only to ask me to run another test with only one device connected.  I mean, ***** that was a test we ran last week (only my PS4 plugged in to the amp).  Guess what?  No damn difference.  So why they give me hope only to return with a numpty suggestion, I don’t know.

i’m expecting another call back tomorrow.  Probably to tell me to turn it off for 10 seconds and then back on again.  Or walk 200 meters in a straight line without walking over a drain.  Or some other such nonsense.

profile.country.GB.title
Tarrier76

Can everyone who has the problem say whether they’re connected the STR-DN1080 to the TV via the ARC or non-ARC?

I use ARC (have to in order to get YouTube, Netflix, Prime etc via the STR).

Just wonder if that’s a combination that is causing the issues?

profile.country.GB.title
Dunc2610
New

Mine was connected via ARC, with the HDMI control on. However, after
changing to the Denon 2500, it has a similar issue, but changing to the
media input. So, turned off HDMI control and the problem has gone. I
suspect the same would happen if I put the Sony back in place.

All it means is that I have to manually select the TV input when watching
netflix.
profile.country.IE.title
cornelius1

My one is connected via ARC