Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 1080 receiver switching input always shows home screen

profile.country.GB.title
JackBerryman

Sony 1080 receiver switching input always shows home screen

Hello all, i’ve Just bought and set up my new 1080 and it’s almost perfect except for one thing. For some reason whenever I switch inputs (I.e to Netflix or turn on the PlayStation) the input switches ok but then just after the home screen pops up. This is really annoying as it means I then need to press the home button on the amp remote and I can’t just use 1 remote to control everything. Searching the net shows other people have solved this by disabling HDMI CEC but I really don’t want to do this as it would still mean having to switch the inputs manually. 

Anybody have any ideas on how to solve this? many thanks in advance. 

188 REPLIES 188
profile.country.GB.title
Tarrier76

Thanks for your quick replies.

I’m surprised this happens on the Denon 2500 too.  Never happened on any other AVR I’ve ever had - wonder why it’s an issue now?!

Anyway, I’ll try deactivating HDMI control (from Amp or TV?) and see if it makes a difference...

profile.country.GB.title
Dunc2610
New

I turned off the TV hdmi control from my LG TV, and prbloem solved.
profile.country.GB.title
RattusNorvegicus1

Yes but yes didn’t read the whole thread. We know this works but without HDMI control you don’t have arc so it is not an acceptable workaround 

profile.country.GB.title
Dunc2610
New

Erm, you do have arc with out hdmi control! I certainly do!
profile.country.GB.title
RattusNorvegicus1

With optical yes

profile.country.GB.title
RattusNorvegicus1

This thread wouldn’t exist if it was that simple. If you have a solution why don’t you post the whole process. 

profile.country.GB.title
Dunc2610
New

I dont use optical, I only use the arc hdmi. The hdmi control just enables
the control of other devices with the TV remote and vice versa.
profile.country.GB.title
ccarmock

As the original poster - I do not have Arc in use, as the output device is not a TV but a projector which has no audio.    I am trying to use the projectors puase/stop/play controls to control the Sony Blu Ray player.  If the player is connected director to the projector it works just fine via the Projectors IR receiver, but if the STR-DN1080 is sitting between the two devices no control is passed back from the projector to the blu ray player.

For HDMI puposes I think the AV Amp should appear as a passthrough device but it's blockign any HDMI control gettign back to the blu ray player.

profile.country.GB.title
Dunc2610
New

Is HDMI control on on the amp, stupid question perhaps?

Does the projector support HDMI control?
profile.country.GB.title
ccarmock

Yes,  HDMI control is on on all devices, and yes the Sony projector does support HDMI control, and the option is on.