Join now - be part of our community!

Sony BDP-S370 and iPlayer

Kewlicks
Explorer

Sony BDP-S370 and iPlayer

Hi All,

Had this blu-ray player for a while now, so I know it's getting a bit long in the tooth in terms of technology, but I'm posting here to see if anyone else has the same problem.

BBC iPlayer sometimes works, but for the vast majority of the time I get "A timeout has occoured trying to send the HTTP request".

This only happens when actually selecting the programme to watch. Iplayer itself starts ok, does the usual network checks without any issue and shows the main home page.

On a laptop connected to the same network cable that I've used for the blu-ray player, I can use the web based iplayer without any issues. On the actual player, Demand5, Amazon Films, etc work ok. It's just iPlayer.

I've reset the player, changed IP details, changed DNS servers, still no joy.

I know the BBC have recently updated the iPlayer and therefore I'm wondering whether to move onto something a bit newer in terms of technology. Or is there a fault with the player or an issue with iplayer.

Has anyone else experienced the same on their BDP-S370 player?

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

As the Bluray player is a 2010 model, and the fact that the BBC have been updating software's etc, my money is on the BBC being at fault.

Have a look at the following thread:

http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/sony-bravia-no-longer-working-with-iplayer-03-2014/m-p/15...

Interestingly though, the announcement for some Sony TV's and Bluray players has disappeared.

My advice is to do the following in order:

1. Ensure that the bluray player has the latest firmware installed
  2. Factory reset the bluray player
  3. If the above 2 doesnt fix the issue (and the issue is ONLY the iPlayer) report the iPlayer issue to the BBC : HERE

Hope this helps

Cheer

Kewlicks
Explorer

Thanks for your reply.

I've emailed the BBC since I've done all that you have suggested. Lets see what I get in return :slight_smile: