Join now - be part of our community!

sony bdp-s3700 power-cycling constantly, not for the first time

profile.country.GB.title
blebleh
New

sony bdp-s3700 power-cycling constantly, not for the first time

So it turns out switching between Ritch Text and HTML completely clears my post. That's annoying. This is the second time this has happened since I got the player, but this time I can't get it to stop. I've had it maybe three month, maybe less. Device will power on, hang for a while, display the DVD logo on the TV briefly, hang a while longer, then power off. Almost /immediately/, it powers back on. The cycle begins again. If I switch off the mains or otherwise hard-remove power, it simply starts up the second it receives power again. It doesn't matter how long I wait. The last time this happened, about four or five days after first getting the device, I pulled the literal plug during the split-second the device was actually off, counted to ten, re-established power, waited a little longer, then pressed the power button myself. The device has behaved as normal ever since. Until today. Pulling the plug when it's off isn't helping. I'm already in the process of boxing up the device and returning it. This isn't a request for help, but a request for information: How often does this happen? Has anyone else had this issue? Do I have a faulty device, or are they just *****ty and prone to weird behaviour like this?
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
blebleh
New

I'm replying to myself because there's no edit button. My post was neatly formatted into paragraphs when I typed it. It turned itself into that wall of text after I hit post. As there's no edit button, I can't fix that.
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @blebleh and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Thats definately not normal behaviour.

I would give Support a ring on +44 (0) 2073652810

Cheers