Join now - be part of our community!

Sony BDV-E2100 power up problem

profile.country.GB.title
Waynemorledge
New

Sony BDV-E2100 power up problem

Hi,

I’ve got a BDV-E2100 system which has developed a problem when starting up. The status light just flashes continually and then eventually it powers off. No sound, no video output and the only buttons on the remote that work are eject and standby. I’ve tried unplugging it for a few hours and it doesn’t make a difference. Anybody come across this before? Have any ideas how to fix this?

Cheers,

Wayne

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Wayne,

Have you tried resetting the unit?

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
Waynemorledge
New

Hi Michael,

I’ve had the power off for over 24 hours and that didn’t make a difference. Is there another way of resetting it? I can’t use the interface as there’s no video output.

Thanks,

Wayne

profile.country.GB.title
Dean.Arthur
Explorer

Did you ever get this resolved? I have the same model that has developed this fault Intermittently even though its only a few months old. Sony customer support were not helpful simply emailing me a generic message with a link to the instructions I had in the box and had already tried.

profile.country.GB.title
Waynemorledge
New

No, I'm afraid not. I bought a new Yamaha system instead.

WAYNE MORLEDGE
IT Solutions Developer
T: 01623 555660 ext 258
M: 07803 749869
A: Orchard Way, Sutton-In-Ashfield, NG17 1JU
Think before you print
This email (including attachments) is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed & may be confidential.
​If you have received this email in error please contact the sender and delete the message from your system.
​Registered Office - Whitemeadow Furniture, Orchard Way, Calladine Business Park, Sutton in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire
​NG17 1JU. Company no. 6386737
profile.country.GB.title
dwillis1954
Explorer

I too have this problem. Sony customer service were no help just suggested unplug and reboot. Only 17 months old but Sony rigid on 12 month warranty just suggested a repair centre. Time to get rid and buy a more reliable brand I think

i thought Sony had a good name but obviously not

profile.country.GB.title
dwillis1954
Explorer

I too have this. Sony no help at all. 

profile.country.GB.title
dwillis1954
Explorer

What do ypu mean reset?

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi, I'm not sure if there's a deleted comment or what, but the reset might help. It's on page 57 on the Manual:

https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/res/manuals/4446/a7795ccb4ca06c8cb09e18ec54ae4da3/44467341M...