Join now - be part of our community!

Sony BDV-E3100 Sound/Volume

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Damon91
Explorer

Sony BDV-E3100 Sound/Volume

Hi all,

I'm new to this Community/Forum, I've recently purchased a TV and a Home Cinema, to be specific the TV KDL50W829 and Home Cinema BDV-E3100.

The TV I can say, absolutely flawless, no complaints.

And.. the Home Cinema, is why I am here.

I used to have an LG BH6220S which was 850W and it was more louder than the Sony BDV-E3100 I have.

What can I do to improve the Volume/Sound?

Now, I have had a look you can increase the 'dB' in the Home Cinema settings, it will go to 6dB maximum, I haven't tested it at that level I don't want to break anything.

Please advise, if I want to increase the 'dB' for the Home Cinema, what should I set it to for each speaker?

Hopefully someone can help, thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
mairsy07
Explorer

Hi mate, just seen this come up on my email and becsuse I'm a kind lad I thought let's reply ASAP ha I did solve it but all I did was a factory reset. Honestly it was terrible and I didn't think it would do a thing but I factory reset it and then boom. Much better. 

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

This system should have enough volume for most home use, so....

I guess the first question is - Is all the speakers correctly connected?  Have you done a Tone Test to ensure this?

Also, try turning Sound Mode OFF in the audio settings.  As well as ensuring Night Mode is OFF too (Page 24 of the manual).

The idea behind setting the speaker levels is mainly for adjusting each speaker level individually.  You may have one or more speakers further away and another closer, therefore you adjust the level to given an even volume throughout.

Manual :

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4446734131.pdf

All else fails, perform a factory reset and start again.  Hopefully one of these may help

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Damon91
Explorer

I will give this a try. Would be nice to have some responses from BDV-E3100 owners as well, just to see what they think, where did Sony get the 1000 watts from, I do hope with those changes it blows the LG BH6220S 850 watts system away.

profile.country.GB.title
Damon91
Explorer

Help me find NIGHT MODE, I can't see it. Thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Press the [Sound Mode +] or [Sound Mode -] on the remote control to cycle through.

See more information is on pages 24 and 25 of the manual : HERE

Other than that, Im out of ideas to be honest.  So if that doesnt fix it, try either contacting Sony Support directly or it could be conceivable that you have a faulty unit, and therefore exchange it from your retailer.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Hi Damon91,

First off I do not own this device myself however having just read part of the user manual I wonder if this setting is having any effect on your audio output?

User Manual Page 48 (GB)

x
[Attenuate - AUDIO]
Distortion may occur when you listen to an
equipment connected to the AUDIO IN (L/R) jacks. You can prevent distortion by attenuating the input level on the unit.

[On]: Attenuates the input level. The output level will decrease at this setting.

[Off]: Normal input level.

Hope this helps?
The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
Soutman14
New

I'm just as disappointed !!! Upgraded from a 750w to a "more powerfull" system,only to be very disappointed! It's not even half as loud, and where's the bass??? This has put me off Sony for good!!!

ClarissaW

Hi Soutman14,

It seems that other users are as puzzled about this. Could you perhaps contact the customer service directly: 0207 365 2810 (Mon-Fri 0900-1800) Hopefully they will be able to solve the issue for you.

Best wishes,

Clarissa

Danc123
Explorer

Hi

I have a kdl65w855c and the bdv3100 both only a few months old.

The tv speakers are much louder than the sound system.

I have checked settings with no joy.

Did anyone get a solution to this issue.

profile.country.GB.title
mairsy07
Explorer

Is this just how it is? I got this the other day and it is not loud enough. 1000w? More like 100. Anybody sorted it? I might get it sent back if this is how it is.