Join now - be part of our community!

sony cinema system bdv-ef200 switches hdmi channel

profile.country.GB.title
sonicchild86
New

sony cinema system bdv-ef200 switches hdmi channel

I’ve always had issues with this cinema system (speakers not automatically coming on) however after buying a Sony KD43XE8004 tv I thought my problems were over. The system would automatically boot up and change to the speakers to run via the cinema system. Great! However now it’s developed a new problem. I thought it was the CEC settings on my Kodi (OdroidC2) box or possibly the settings for sync control from the tv but I turned all of those off and the problem still happens. So basically what it does is after starting up the tv, 5 seconds after the cinema system will boot up and redirect the channel to HDMI 2 where my Kodi box is. I’ve switched off the Kodi box and taken off the sync options on the tv like I said above but the cinema system will still go to HDMI 2 on bootup. If I turn the cinema system off the tv will stay on the desired source. I’ve tried resetting it and fiddled with the HDMI settings in, but nothing works. As we’ve just moved house the electrics have been off and on for a few weeks now as we’ve been having work done and I did via Kodi (or so I thought) manage to get it to not change the source, but once the electrics went off again the problem persisted and it seems it was just a fluke. What I don’t understand is how I haven’t changed my setup, so how or why this problem has appeared I don’t know. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated. Thanks, Ellie 

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Have you updated to the latest firmware?

Best wishes,

M