Join now - be part of our community!

Sony DVP-SR760H USB Problem

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Darkriver1611
Visitor

Sony DVP-SR760H USB Problem

Just Bought the DVP-SR760H upscaling DVD player with USB,  Could anyone tell me what video format the USB on this device will play, have a 16gb flash drive and won't play AVI  or MPeg4 movies .... Please Help

P.s It Does reconise the movie file on the the flash drive but cannot play it, Any advice would be appreciated.

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@mutineer 

Hi there, many thanks for your reply. Yes I can understand you not wanting to return your device, finding an alternative solution might well yield better results as Quinnicus has mentioned. Early this year I bought a WD TV Live Streaming Media Player which plays just about any file format you throw at it, however I cannot recommend it as a viable solution. Unfortunately WD didn't include an onboard processor and so the unit regularly freezes not to mention all the other issues this unit suffers!

However there are other quite cheap alternatives available if you decide the old laptop is too cumbersome. A friend of mine swears by the Sumvision devices shown here: Sumvision on Amazon I really wish I'd listened to his advice as these are much better than the WD efforts.I've seen his in action and it knocks spots off my own device which I've now stopped using.

Hopefully you'll find a solution which works for you.

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@Anonymous 

LOL.., that explains why all my rentals from LoveFilm are covered in scratches!! Remind me never to lend you a disc. :dizzy:

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MK_Slinky wrote:

LOL.., that explains why all my rentals from LoveFilm are covered in scratches!! Remind me never to lend you a disc. :dizzy:

Thats assuming you got the disc.  I once sent back LoveFilm an empty case.  The Bluray was still in my PS3 ! (until I relised that is)

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Hahahahah, I think we've all done that at one time or another, my mate sent them a blank DVD once however quite what he was using the blank DVD for in the first instance does make me curious!! :triumph:

The answer is simple MP4 is not the same as MPEG4, In fact I think MPEG4 is XVID or DVIX where files are of type .AVI.

Read more at http://www.differencebetween.info/difference-between-mpeg4-and-mp4

So the player does what it says. The Shopkeeper made a natural mistake. Convert .MP4 to .AVI (XVID) using freely available software. Then play