Join now - be part of our community!

Sony HDR SVRHDT500 Turn off recording when I try switch on

Ollythedog
Explorer

Sony HDR SVRHDT500 Turn off recording when I try switch on

HI    This is my first post so apologies if I waffle a bit.

I purchased the SVRHDT 500 to go with my tv KDL 32CX523, thinking that the quailty would be fairly good and both would be nicely compatable.  :thinking:

TV works fine, HDR, not so good, when putting it on, it takes approx 20 secs, flashes a picture up for two seconds, then goes off again for 5 seconds, finally tv pic appears.   :tired:

Also when I have a programme set and its recording, I have to start the process of actually starting the HDR several times before the hd actually kicks in, then it switches the planned recording off.  But once the HD is whiring and booted up the planned recording again clicks in.   

To say its very very frustrating is an understatement, my partner, bless her, has to wait till I am home.  She has reverted to just the tv, wasting the use of Freeview on the HDR, she can't be bothered with it.  I am getting that feeling to, do I just ditch this Sony HDR  500 :worried: and get an easy  "friendlier" model, which probably will not be a Sony.   I do not want to throw good money away, so any help, or suggestions would be really appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Just to inform you, mine take approx 18-20 seconds to turn on as well.  But it doesnt flash picture for a couple of seconds.  But if its only a few seconds, its probably the tuners switching, not too much of an issue really.

The other part sounds more of an issue - in regards to several attempts to turn it on etc when recording (as that would annoy me too).  The only thing I can suggest here is try using a different HDMI cable and plug it into a different HDMI port on the TV (more as a test)

Another suggestion (if not already set) - Goto Setup > Power Management > Standby Mode and set it to "Mode2"

Cheers

Ollythedog
Explorer

Hi

Thanks for the suggestions, I will try them when I have 5 mins tomorrow (Sunday) I seem to be in work mode at the moment...LOL:smileyconfused: