Join now - be part of our community!

Sony HT R3 Soundbar

profile.country.GB.title
DominatorXI
Explorer

Sony HT R3 Soundbar

Hello,

I am using the soundbar with front placement and tried almost all variations of the sound field mode and set the distance as well as rear speaker gain which are placed in front. And  I can not think as to why the so advertised ClearAudio+ is the quietest

mode from all! It force me to volume up the soundbar to 25-27 to be able to hear the dialogue clearly and with some near enjoyable sound experience but no where near my other cinema which is LG with 850W and of scale 12 out of 40 the LG can produce crystal clear audio whereas the this HT R3 is no where near that and can not compete. One thing though is that on Music mode the volume at 15-16 is significantly louder and for the dialogue part is perfectly fine, however I think that on Music mode there is something missing the sound is like too "narrow" or even hallow there is no this effect tha takes advantages of all speakers or at least that is what I sense. Could you please tell me on which mode you listen and is your favourite one and the system placement mode.

As I am forced in order to be able to enjoy listening to music to keep this Music mode and not to switch every time when I want this pounchy bass which is significantly louder as if it was played o ClearAudio+

Also I do not know if this is the mode that allows to play all the speakers in Front placementr with Music mode but is interesting the ClearAudio+ to be quieter.

Forgot to mention, that this is for regular TV programmes not for movies that are with high quality sound.

Please share your experience with this system.

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
DominatorXI
Explorer

Anyone? 😉

Why the Clearaudio+ is significantly queter as well as what mode you are using.