Join now - be part of our community!

SONY HT-XF9000 Display issues

profile.country.GB.title
TopCatUK

SONY HT-XF9000 Display issues

SONY confirmed to me on the phone that you cant get the Volume display, Sound Mode display etc working through HDMI ARC connected devices, and it only displays on the HDMI connected Device.

I asked them about a Software update to address in which they did not respond, considering this is a new Soundbar I cant believe the support is this bad from SONY

This is a real bummer and I will be sending it back in the next few days.

Good one SONY, and the very last time I purchase a product from you

17 REPLIES 17
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there, 

I can pass your feedback onto the team.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.SK.title
alcestneige

Please any update on this? Because this is unaceptable! How to hell should I know which settings are set when I can't see S****T on the screen, no info, absolutelly nothing. Everyone at sony is OK with that or what? Firmware update ASAP! Thank you

profile.country.GB.title
TopCatUK

I was lucky int he end and got a full refund, went with  Samsung Soundbar (hw-ms650), and am really impressed with it. Its not ATMOS, but come on the SONY bar is not ATMOS like it says it is.

Persnoally a much better and chaeper soundbar, that delivers what it says it does

profile.country.SK.title
alcestneige

I have time for refund as well, however I have a tv from sony from the same series and I was happy with the tv until the last update and now the soundbar ....without any on screen indication what you press?....that is sad. Well in the past Sony was a great brand, sadly I can't say it still is. 

Can you control your samsung bar with the remote from tv. Do you have actualy a Sony tv?

profile.country.GB.title
TopCatUK

Samsung TV

profile.country.SK.title
alcestneige

What? Sony tv 9000 series,Sony 9000 soundbar, connected via hdmi arc, hdmi cable from 2018.... display has to work automatically no matter what ... That's basic functions that you see on the screen when you press something on the remote .. don't you think?

profile.country.GB.title
typhoon9

Hi, I have just bought the HT-XF9000 sound bar and i had to purchase sandstrom silver series HDMI cables X2(so expensive at £70 for one Cable) to get it to work properly and now i get the volume and sound effects showing on screen infact every thing i press on the remote shows on screen. There is no lip sync problems also. I hope this helps you out.

profile.country.SK.title
alcestneige

Thank you for the info. Im using an hdmi cable from 2018year and have no lip sync problems and can see the volume on tv,but thats it. So you had to buy this cable extra to solve the problem? that nothing was seen on the tv when pressing remote? Will try to borrow an better cable to see what will happen.

profile.country.SK.title
alcestneige

Got new hdmi 2.1 with 8k support at 60hz, now I can't even see the volume bar on the tv. *****?! However the volume and the sound modes are working/showing on the settings menu of the soundbar when you press the home button on the remote. But why is that not showing on the tv when playing movie or watching only tv???