Join now - be part of our community!

SONY HT-XF9000 Display issues

profile.country.GB.title
TopCatUK

SONY HT-XF9000 Display issues

SONY confirmed to me on the phone that you cant get the Volume display, Sound Mode display etc working through HDMI ARC connected devices, and it only displays on the HDMI connected Device.

I asked them about a Software update to address in which they did not respond, considering this is a new Soundbar I cant believe the support is this bad from SONY

This is a real bummer and I will be sending it back in the next few days.

Good one SONY, and the very last time I purchase a product from you

17 REPLIES 17
profile.country.PL.title
wojtekmarchewka

I have the same problem, it's probably not the fault of the HDMI cable And I think I found the solution, I have now connected PC (4K resolution) to the soundbar, the on-screen menu is available. I plugged the TV decoder (Samsung) into the soundbar and the on-screen menu is. An indirect solution would be to buy Hdmi HDMI 2.0a, HDCP 2.2, and connect it to the soundbar, it costs about 50 $ (for two inputs), but it does not solve problems with controlling the soundbar while watching movies from the hard disk. Tomorrow I will call Sony, I will try to find out if this problem can be solved through updates and whether they are working on a solution at all. If not, I will make a return to the store, it is ridiculous that such stupidity spoils the entire reception of audio equipment. Sorry for my English :slight_smile:  

profile.country.SK.title
alcestneige

There was already an update but they have added only eARC support. The
display is working fine on xbox. I'm going with the cable from xbox to
soundbar and from soundbar to the tv. And on tv I have no display function.
Local sony technicial told me its a feature to see nothing on the tv screen
by pressing the remote! Like *****?! And I have also one different problem, I
need to pair bluetooth headset with the soundbar to be able to play
silently xbox. But I do not know how.
ChiritaI
New

Hi,

I have the same problem but when I'm using the PS4 and have to use the volume or other option from the soundbar, on the left side of the screen appear that function like Voice or all other function mode is set in that moment. After I unplug the PS all that disappear and nothing displays on the screen and Never know what setting does it have the soundbar when I push  a button that have a function like voice, bass, music and so on

profile.country.PL.title
wojtekmarchewka

For Sony, it's not a problem. So it has to be!

We have a good playing device, but in the construction of medium and cheap SONY HT-SF150, there are also only diodes (no display and menu)

I am very dissapointed, I have just purchased a KD55XF9005 and a matching HT-XF9000 soundbar and I can't get any displays on the TV from the soundbar remote.In the soundbar instruction manual it states that  every selection should be displayed on TV screen,this does not happen so why does Sony state that it does. I am seriously considering returning the soundbar as not fit for purpose .

profile.country.GB.title
Fritsdezwijger
Explorer

@bricor2011 wrote:

I am very dissapointed, I have just purchased a KD55XF9005 and a matching HT-XF9000 soundbar and I can't get any displays on the TV from the soundbar remote.In the soundbar instruction manual it states that  every selection should be displayed on TV screen,this does not happen so why does Sony state that it does. I am seriously considering returning the soundbar as not fit for purpose .

Same problem here, no on screen information when on Android TV or an app (Philips, android 8.0, model 2019). Come on Sony, it's 2019, how hard can it be to show this information? Please fix this with a simple firmware update asap. 

MartinLid
Explorer

Same here. Got the soundbar yesterday. Have a brand new Philips TV,(2 weeks old),,No "DISPLAY" on the TV-screen.. Only if a use a "USB-memory/stick to play music,,,then it will "work",,But NOT in TV mode!!!??
Will probably returning the soundbar in the end of this week...(excause my bad english)