Join now - be part of our community!

Sony HT-XF9000 randomly losing sound

profile.country.RO.title
silviu2008
Explorer

Sony HT-XF9000 randomly losing sound

Hello,

I have this soundbar for quite some time already and I'm pretty happy with it, however there is a strange issue where the audio completely cuts out and seems to be happening only when watching ATMOS content on Netflix (this happens randomly, sometimes it may happen once per movie, sometimes even more often). The only way to get audio back is to turn off the soundbar via the green button on the remote and turn it on again. When the audio stops working, the soundbar is still on (the LED color on the subwoofer is still "amber" color). I have tried multiple settings (like turning on/off Vertical S, etc) but none seems to work. The HDMI cable that I use is high quality so that's not the problem. Anyone experiencing this problem? Thanks!

Tags (2)
11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
Dan0101
Explorer

Hi Silviu,

My TV is a Samsung QLED Q70R (QE65Q70R) and I'm currently using Dolby Digital+ as the output audio via HDMI arc to receiver (Sony soundbar). The other two audio output options I have is Dolby Digital and PCM.

If you do find a solution to this issue please let me know and il keep you posted incase I come across anything.

Thanks,

Dan

profile.country.GB.title
Anthom366
New

Hi all,

Found this thread. Located in the Netherlands myself.

I bought this system  Sony HT-XF9000 second hand from someone with money-back garantee to find out the problem.
So far I did a hard reset and changed the settings through remote to music. This delays the frequency which the soundbar quits working, but doesn't solve it completely. Due to this I am not sure if it is software or hardware.

Next plan is to buy a tv and see if a firmware update works. If not, then it is no hope for this system without taking apart the system. If the firmware update to version 2.155 isn't the solution then I will bring back the system. 

Will keep you all updated.