Join now - be part of our community!

Sony HTXT 1 not selecting the correct input

red_daddy
Explorer

Sony HTXT 1 not selecting the correct input

i have just recently purchased a Sony Kdl 43w809c tv and a Sony HTXT 1 sound base

I have connected the sound base to the TV via arc and a sky hd box to the sound base hdmi input. Everything is working fine volume power etc with the TVs remote except when I switch the  power on the TV. The sound base turns on the picture from the sky box can be seen but the sound base switches input to TV.  This happens randomly sometimes when I power on it gos to the correct hdmi input but other times to TV input. This is very annoying as I have to keep going to the soundbar remote to change input. 

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Gruppy63
Explorer

Hi,

Just a thought, Why not connect the Sky Box to on of the TVs HDMI sockets, and only have the TV connected to the Soundbase via the HDMI ARC route.

I have a HUMAX PVR instead of a Sky box, and this is causing me problems with the Sony Bravia Sync / ARC functionality. If I effectively disconnect the HDMI cable from the HUMAX PVR, then the Sony Bravia Sync works OK.

AndrewCarpenter
Explorer

Hello. I have tried your way to solve the problem with my PVR. But still facing the same issue with the box. Can you suggest any other way to have solution.?? 

Thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
Gruppy63
Explorer

Hi there,

I  am slightly confused with your description of the problem. What is your setup - is it Sony TV / HTXT1 Sound Base & Sky PVR Box?

The TV is connected to the HTXT1 via a HDMI cable (Version 1.4, ARC compatible), both of these are connected to the HMDI ARC sockets.

The SKY PVR Box is either connected to the HTXT1 or TV via a HDMI connector.

(Are you using an OPTICAL cable also to connect between the TV and HTXT1. Note that you should not have both connected if the TV ARC functionality is enabled.)

If you have the above setup, first try disconnecting the SKY HDMI cable. Then you should get BRAVIA Sync Control working - you may need to go through the setup on the TV to ensure the BRAVIA Sync functionality is enabled. If this is working you should be able to use the TV remote to adjust the HTXT1 volume and when the TV is placed in Standby the HTXT1 should also go into standby.

Next is to try to connect the SKY PVR Box - Is the BRAVIA Sync functionality still working. If not then the SKY PVR Box may not be compatible with the HMDI Control of the Sony items.

Hope this helps

red_daddy
Explorer

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
Gruppy63
Explorer

What is your question?