Join now - be part of our community!

Sony RDR-HXD870 DVD Recorder problem

profile.country.GB.title
Daveintrouble
New

Sony RDR-HXD870 DVD Recorder problem

Sony RDR-HXD870 DVD Recorder I have reset but when it goes to easy set up my remote does not do anything. Nor does it switch player off or on ? Was working ok yesterday and batteries new, about 7 or 8 years old now.

Unplugged for 30 minutes and reset but no difference, any idea folks. Thank you in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
neville.Gilbo
Explorer

Point your remote at the front camera on your mobile phone to make sure your remote is transmitting, you should see the transmitter led flashing. If your remote is working some of the Sony recorders have settings to change remote codes, this is to operate two Sony boxes. it normally tells you in the instruction book how to change the setting.

profile.country.GB.title
Daveintrouble
New

Hi, Remotes do not always light up nowdays, but was working fine only a day before. Think its more the actual box or maybe the downloads they do as it will not do anything, as seems stuck. Displays ----progam1  or if I try a disc auto plat not recognised. Searched all Sony's site, not very good in my opinion anyway.

Hope someone may have knowledge on these older machines.   Many thanks

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

I would send it for inspection if I were you, since it's not powering on at all even after resetting twice and a power cycle, it might be a hardware issue. Use this link to locate the nearest service centre: https://locator.sony/en_GB/servicecenters/?zoom=5&latitude=54.29088&longitude=-2.37305.