Join now - be part of our community!

Sony UBP X800 causing TV to crash

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
mb1357
Explorer

Sony UBP X800 causing TV to crash

Sony is connected to a Loewe TV

If I switch on the Sony player whilst watching TV and then try and watch via HDMI source the TV crashes ie no sound/vision requiring a hard reset

Workaround is to switch the Sony player on before the TV. The HDMI digital link being ON also seems to get around the issue but if switched OFF the TV crashes every time. Only noticed this since last firmware update

Any thoughts? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
mb1357
Explorer

UPDATE

I have disabled HDMI functionality on the player and the issue seems to have been sorted. This is primarily designed for Sony sync devices and the Loewe doesnt like it!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
mb1357
Explorer

UPDATE

I have disabled HDMI functionality on the player and the issue seems to have been sorted. This is primarily designed for Sony sync devices and the Loewe doesnt like it!

profile.country.GB.title
mb1357
Explorer

FURTHER UPDATE

Having undertaken further testing the issue is related to having CEC functionality disabled on either the TV (Loewe) or the Sony or both. The TV wont recognise the device and it crashes.

If enabled on both devices auto-switching works fine but if disabled this causes issues.  So basically you have to keep it switched on or switch the Sony ON before the TV.