Join now - be part of our community!

Sony UBP-X800M2 keeps switching on by itself

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
challenger7777
Explorer

Sony UBP-X800M2 keeps switching on by itself

I bought a Sony UBP-X800M2 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Disc Player last year and whilst it is a great performer it has a quirk of occasionally turning itself back on, as well as the TV, after it has been switched off!

This is what typically happens:

• You pop the machine into Standby after watching a program/DVD and switch the TV off manually
  • About 30 seconds later the player switches back on as well as the TV (“Control for HDMI” is switched to “On”)
  • However, this time the player will NOT connect to the TV and I don’t get the initial Home menu. All I get is a message saying, “No Signal” on my TV.

In this scenario I must switch both TV and player off manually. Then I will either get the same scenario as above or both will stay off. If both stay off, then it’s all good. Next time I switch the player on, it connects to the TV okay as if nothing had happened.

I have tried changing various settings on both my TV and the Player to no avail. I have also changed the HDMI cable and tried plugging it in different HDMI ports on my TV. I have also tried turning "Control for HDMI" to "Off" and the player still turns back on (although not the TV of course). As yet I cannot find a solution.

Has anyone got any ideas?

For record my TV I connect the player to is a Samsung Q50R 32” 4K model.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey challenger7777, did you try resetting? Page 26: https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/res/manuals/4740/8f0f1f980088675abec8cbc2cc0cc993/47408231M...

Also, did you try turning off control for HDMI on the TV? 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey challenger7777, did you try resetting? Page 26: https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/res/manuals/4740/8f0f1f980088675abec8cbc2cc0cc993/47408231M...

Also, did you try turning off control for HDMI on the TV? 

profile.country.GB.title
challenger7777
Explorer

Thank you! 😀

I did the reset and this solved my issue. Thanks again HannahEd01 😊