Join now - be part of our community!

Sony UDP X800 M2 has no stereo output in any scenario .

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Ray0330
Explorer

Sony UDP X800 M2 has no stereo output in any scenario .

Hi,

I purchased UDP X800-M2 recently, connected to my Denon receiver with 5.1 system. The player works well, but it cannot output stereo 2.0 sound, even in Youtube or playing 2.0 music:

- The HDMI cable connected HDMI2 to the receiver, related setting is correct. The audio with TRUE-HD/DTS/DTS-HD can work perfect.

- While playing music, or any youtube clips, the receiver will get the Dolby surround format, showing on receiver is "PLII", not stereo. This is my major issue. My apple TV also connected to same receiver, can output stereo audio.

- In this case, 5 speakers all have voice while playing CD/DSD/APE....it appears the player upscaled 2.0 audio to dolby 5.1.

- Checked X800 audio setting, there is an option "downmix" seems to be related to this. I have tried to set the "downmix" option to "stereo", restart the player, yet the output is still Dolby surround, PLII.

Is there any setting need me to check? Looking forward to your help.

Regards,

Ray

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Ray0330
Explorer

Many thanks Nic.

I double checked the receiver's setting and surround mode. Yes, there is enhancement on receiver side, set the receiver to stereo mode or direct mode, this issue resolved. Thanks for your suggestion.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Ray0330,

are you sure your receiver has no enhancement mode switched on which creates a 5.1 mix out of a 2.0 stereo signal?

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Ray0330
Explorer

Many thanks Nic.

I double checked the receiver's setting and surround mode. Yes, there is enhancement on receiver side, set the receiver to stereo mode or direct mode, this issue resolved. Thanks for your suggestion.

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Ray0330,

thank you for getting back to me. I am happy to hear your issue is now resolved.

- Nic