Join now - be part of our community!

Sound for PS3 with Sony BDV-E290

SOLVED
Athepathe
Explorer

Sound for PS3 with Sony BDV-E290

Hi!

I have these two and i don´t get sound from ps3 with BDV-E290. I have connected ps3 directly to TV with HDMI and to the player with optical cable. I have checked that the players function mode is in TV. Or don´t say that you cannot get sound for ps3 with this home cinema? 😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately I cannot find the specs or manual for this model tv.  So I guess my advice is the following:

If the TV has HDMI ARC Support

1. Connect the E290 to the HDMI ARC port on the TV
  2. Connect the PS3 to the TV via HDMI
  3. Enable Regza-link on the TV
  4. Enable Control for HDMI on the E290
  5. Test the sound from the TV (freeview channels) - Set the TV to output sound via audio system and not TV Speakers, press the function button on the remote control repeatedly until you get "TV".  Sound from the TV should now be heard via the E290 speakers.  Turn on PS3 and test.

If the TV does not have ARC support

2. Connect an optical cable from the E290 to the TV
  3. Connect the PS3 to the TV via HDMI
  4. On the E290 ensure that control for HDMI is OFF
  5. Test the sound from the TV (freeview channels) - Set the TV to output sound via audio system and not TV Speakers, press the function button on the remote control repeatedly until you get "TV".  Sound from the TV should now be heard via the E290 speakers.  Turn on PS3 and test.

Hope that helps

Cheers

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Does your TV support Audio Return Channel via HDMI - if so, get rid of the optical cable. 

If you persist with the optical cable, you will need to go to the PS3 Sound settings and choose Optical cable (and not HDMI) as you are splitting the signal. 

Also on the E290, you will need to select the correct source via the function button.

Cheers

Athepathe
Explorer

I was wondering how the audio return channel thing works? So if TV supports this i just still connect ps3 to TV, but then the player too to TV with HDMI? The player have only 1x HDMI out i can´t connect ps3 with HDMI to the player.

And i was thinking that do you have to use bravia sync to use this? because i don´t have Sony TV..

i have already tried with ps3 audio option change and checked that i have the correct source with function button and didn´t got any sound out. that is the reason why i made the post here because i have no idea wh it didn´t work 😕

Anonymous
Not applicable

If the TV supports ARC (Audio Return Channel) and so does the E290, all you need to do is connect a HDMI cable from the TV to E290 and a HDMI cable from the PS3 to the TV. 

If the TV doesnt support ARC, you will need a HDMI cable and an optical cable from the TV to the E290 (and change the settings), and then still have the HDMI cable ONLY to the TV.

Bravia Sync is Sony's name for the more generic HDMI-CEC functions.  Other brands call it differently.

What Make and model is your TV - as I should be able to advise better on how to connect it up etc.

Cheers

Athepathe
Explorer

Oh ok. So i have Toshiba 32rv685dn

Big thanks for helping out!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately I cannot find the specs or manual for this model tv.  So I guess my advice is the following:

If the TV has HDMI ARC Support

2. Connect the PS3 to the TV via HDMI
  3. Enable Regza-link on the TV
  4. Enable Control for HDMI on the E290

If the TV does not have ARC support

2. Connect an optical cable from the E290 to the TV
  3. Connect the PS3 to the TV via HDMI
  4. On the E290 ensure that control for HDMI is OFF

Hope that helps

Cheers

Athepathe
Explorer

It´s working now! The fault was broken optical cable so after change sound was given :slight_smile:

Big thanks for helping me out!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yippy !!!  Glad you found the issue :slight_smile: