Join now - be part of our community!

STR-DH790 Not passing HDR from PS4 to TV

profile.country.GB.title
Neptune127
New

STR-DH790 Not passing HDR from PS4 to TV

I've recently bought this amp following purchase of a (other brand) 4k tv. I have a PS4 connected as well.

When I connect the PS4 *direct* to the tv, the PS4 can be displayed in HDR mode. When I connect the PS via the DH790, and connect this to the tv, the PS4 does not show HDR, instead it shows a message saying that the connected tv does not support HDR.

The amp menu settings for GAME is set to HDMI > Enhanced.

I then bought two premium HDMI Cables with mixed results.

Brand 1 HDMI from PS4 > AV; connecting these two has resulted in an expanded audio option that wasn't showing before on the PS4, the option to go 7.1 or 5.1, putting this down to the new cable.

Brand 2 HDMI is connected from AV to TV and amp settings for 'HDMI > Game' set to enhanced, as recommended in manual....but PS still saying TV not supporting HDR again.

Are there other settings on the amp that I ought to look at to allow HDR passthrough from one sony product to another (ps4 > amp)

Wondering if Brand2 HDMI is the problem and maybe have to bite the bullet and get a second Brand1 cable to go from AV>TV?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Neptune, I couldn't find any info about HDR on the support page, and the closest topic I found in the help guide is this - perhaps it might give you some new ideas. In the meantime you could also ask technical support for advice. You'll find a contact form here.