Join now - be part of our community!

STR-DN 1080 - Calibration setting not stored

profile.country.DE.title
phil_merge

STR-DN 1080 - Calibration setting not stored

Hi,

After performing the auto speaker calibration and selecting a setting ("Full Flat" for example), this setting is not stored. 

When I switch the receiver off and on again, the speaker calibration setting is ignored, although it still says "Full Flat" in the menu. The sound is as if it was set to "Off".

I need to manually set the setting to "Off" and to "Full flat" to hear the correct speaker calibration.

Thanks for your help!

Phil

193 REPLIES 193
profile.country.GB.title
Tenneen9000

Hi Vince,

Do let us know the outcome of your testing since downgrading the software isn't something that Sony offers as far as I can tell.

All the best,

Tenneen9000

profile.country.DE.title
VinceKullerauge
Explorer

So i've done the test several times today. Calibration set to Full-flat und played a song i know really well. Then i switched off the DN1080 in Blutooth standby. Started again with the same song and then switched from full flat to off...there was the difference i was hoping for! I think in that case, the DN1080 stored the settings!

But please someone with better measurements should repeat this scenario. I saw several graphs in this thread. Maybe this person can try this out and do the measurements again?

best

Vince'

profile.country.GB.title
Beeper85

Please explain what you mean by 'Bluetooth standby'?

Thanks
profile.country.DE.title
VinceKullerauge
Explorer

You can switch on "Bluetooth standby" in the Bluetooth settings menu.

If i understand that function correctly, the AV receiver can be switched on with the paired bluetooth device. Therefore i assume that the receiver is not completely switched off in that mode and store the cal. setting correctly.

Best

Vince'

profile.country.GB.title
Beeper85

I can confirm I have this option 'on' and the issue is there.

What model are using? Is it a European or APAC?
profile.country.GB.title
grolschie
Contributor

Any updates from Sony on this? This should be pretty trivial for the devs to verify on their own unit.

profile.country.GB.title
Beeper85

Nothing.

And I have heard nothing from Sony direct even since @dutchice escalated my case number.

profile.country.GB.title
grolschie
Contributor

Wow, that's disappointing. Just as well this is a public forum, because how this has been handled may possibly inform the purchasing decisions of potential buyers.

profile.country.DE.title
VinceKullerauge
Explorer

I assume that i have the european model because i bought it directly from a shop in germany. 

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi all,

I noticed you were posting questions, so I would like to respond to you. I had the impression that I was clear in my posts here and here that if you have a faulty device you will be required to request a service repair.

This is the best advice I can give you as of now. Eventhough an investigation is ongoing as I already mentioned before, these investigations are standard procedure, as they help understand why or how a device turned faulty and more importantly how can the type of fault be avoided in the design process of future products.

Cheers,

Dutchice