Join now - be part of our community!

STR-DN1030 no Dolby Digital just LPCM 48

profile.country.en_GB.title
Robbie451
Visitor

STR-DN1030 no Dolby Digital just LPCM 48

Hi,

Anyone come across a situation like the following...

I only get an indication of LCPM 48 audio from my connected Xbox 360 slim, Samsung Bluray BD-P1580 and HTPC windows 8 .... All outputs on my equipment are set to dolby digital 5:1/ bitstream as it should be and the receivers HDMI audio Output is set to TV+AMP.

However if I change it to AMP only, then I immeadiatly start to see Dolby digital in the receivers display..

My TV is a fairly old Toshiba Regza C3030 37" with HDMI input... the picture quality is excellent and unchanged by either setting.

I'm puzzled as to why the high quality Dolby digital sound appears to be disabled when the receivers HDMI setting is set to TV+AMP... Is it because my TV is not fully HDCP compliant or is it a software glitch in the receiver... I have the latest firmware updates applied to all equipment.

Thanks...

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Withnail73
Visitor

Hey...I had a similar situation the other week: everything coming from my BDP-S790 was appearing as PCM regardless and I was worried I was missing out. Discovered that the 'BD Mix' option on the BDP needs to be OFF otherwise everything is bundled to LPCM before getting sent to the receiver.

However, once fixed I read from several sources that there is no difference whether it's mixed to LPCM or comes to the receiver raw as DTS etc..and I couldn't hear a difference either, so I switched it back.

I don't bother with the TV+AMP option as it results in AV sync issues (echooooo)...safer to stay on AMP only.