Join now - be part of our community!

STR-DN1040 home menu (GUI) not working

profile.country.FI.title
mjmran
Explorer

STR-DN1040 home menu (GUI) not working

I just updated my TV to KD-55XE9005 and Blu-ray player to UBP-X800. I kept my STR-DN1040 as the receiver. I can't get the receiver's GUI to work with the new TV. The menu shows up just as coloured bars on black, no text or pictures. I can even move around the menu (= move the bars) with the remote. I can pass HDMI video from an AppleTV through the receiver to the TV.

I'm using HDMI output A to tv's HDMI IN 3 (ARC). The Blu-ray -player is connected from HDMI OUT 1 to HDMI IN 2 in the TV and from HDMI OUT 2 to BD IN in the receiver for the audio, as there's no HDCP 2.2 support in the receiver. There's also an Apple TV connected to the receiver's HDMI VIDEO 1. The cables are new 1,8 m long high speed HDMI cables. The TV is not wall mounted and the HDMI cables don't rung along any other cables.

I have tried:

-various HDMI cables

-both HDMI outputs on the receiver and all the HDMI inputs on the TV

-removing all other devices from the system

-resetting the receiver (this destroyed my WLAN settings on the receiver, which I can't get back due to lack of GUI)

-resetting the HDMI connections (power off, disconnect, power on, reconnect)

-turning off the Bravia SYNC

Anything else I can do?

GUI appears like this

18 REPLIES 18
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi mjmran,

Thanks for posting. We are checking into this and someone will get back to you soon.

Best wishes,

EdwinaU

profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @mjmran - could you try using the analogue video output of your receiver to do the initial set-up, and see if this makes any difference?

profile.country.FI.title
mjmran
Explorer

I tried, no luck there. I didn't really expect that to work though, the manual states the GUI is only for the HDMI outputs.

profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

I have escalated this for you, so someone from Support should be in touch soon.

profile.country.GB.title
Sethudlis
New

I have the same issue. What can I do to fix this?

profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @Sethudlis - I recommend that you get in touch with Support so that they can help you with this (details here).

Cheers,

C

profile.country.GB.title
richdj2018
Explorer

Mine has been steadily getting worse too

Mine is getting worse tooMine is getting worse too

profile.country.GB.title
richdj2018
Explorer
profile.country.GB.title
richdj2018