Join now - be part of our community!

str-dn1050 new remote not working

SOLVED
jadonx
Explorer

str-dn1050 new remote not working

Just received new remote controls to replace old which had stopped working (obvoius burning near battery).

The problem is that I cannot get either of the two new ones to work (new batteries fitted correct polarity).

Is there a code sequence to initiate operation with the new remote for the 1050 or some way to reset?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jadonx
Explorer

Thank you for reply but have since solved. I reset my receiver as by online manual to factory default. I powered off then pushed on button for over 5 seconds. The message cleared appeared then was able to use my new remote.

Its strange that after the remote burn fault that I had to this but pleased now that its sorted.

There was no mix up of batteries as far as I am aware on the old remote, it was as if there was a short somewhere as the front of the remote was blistered and there was a whiff of burning.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Hi Jadonx,

I've not heard of anyone having this problem before and especially if your two new remotes don't work either. Likewise I'm not aware of any reset functions to bring the remote back to life.

One thing I can say though is that if you were to mix and old battery with a new one it could cause the new battery to heat-up which might be the cause of the original battery burn marks. Often we see warnings advising against this on our equipment. Perhaps one of your new batteries was flat when you first inserted it? I've had new packs with dead ones before.

I'll see what I can find out for you and report back...

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
jadonx
Explorer

Thank you for reply but have since solved. I reset my receiver as by online manual to factory default. I powered off then pushed on button for over 5 seconds. The message cleared appeared then was able to use my new remote.

Its strange that after the remote burn fault that I had to this but pleased now that its sorted.

There was no mix up of batteries as far as I am aware on the old remote, it was as if there was a short somewhere as the front of the remote was blistered and there was a whiff of burning.

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Great job!

Glad you managed to sort it out. I nearly mentioned a reset after reading your manual as it seemed the only solution on offer. Mind you I didn't think for one minute that would actually work in this situation!! Just goes to show....

Kudos to you. :wink:

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14