Join now - be part of our community!

STR-DN1080 and dual zone setup

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
johwilli179
Explorer

STR-DN1080 and dual zone setup

Question.  I want to set up either this device (when it becomes available again in the UK) or any new Sony device with dual zone capability so that Zone 1 uses my existing 5 speaker setup in my lounge and then use the Zone 2 function to wirelessly drive my Sony XM4 headphones at the same time (either in the same room or elsewhere in the house).  I have studied the manual carefully but cannot work out whether this is possible.

Can anyone offer any help please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
johwilli179
Explorer

Unfortunately it isn't really a solution for me - but as the solution I want is clearly not available I will mark as resolved

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi johwilli179, I guess this one explains it very well: https://helpguide.sony.net/ha/strdn108/v1/en/contents/TP0001225200.html

You can use the main zone for HDMI, and zone 2 for Bluetooth. 

Let me know if you need anything else. 

profile.country.GB.title
Vasilis_Karras
Explorer

Great link!  Can i piggyback?  I want to use the amp to port sound from Chromecast to outside speakers as Zone 2 but leave the Zone 1 Dolby Atmos 7.1 (with height speakers and sub ) alone in the living room.  Likely they will all play teh same source. Will that work?  UK model.  Thx

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

@Vasilis_Karras, is it the same model on the thread? STR-DN1080?

profile.country.GB.title
johwilli179
Explorer

Many thanks indeed for this.  It will be most helpful.

profile.country.GB.title
Vasilis_Karras
Explorer

I now note its only line level out for Zone 2 - need a separate amp then 😞

profile.country.GB.title
Vasilis_Karras
Explorer

yes yes - same model - thanks

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey there, I'm glad I was able to help! @johwilli179, could you mark the thread as resolved if you don't have any further questions, please? 

profile.country.GB.title
johwilli179
Explorer

Unfortunately it isn't really a solution for me - but as the solution I want is clearly not available I will mark as resolved

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

@johwilli179, I understand, sadly it is not available :grin: