Join now - be part of our community!

STR-DN1080 HDMI-a issue

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
urmstonrichard
Explorer

STR-DN1080 HDMI-a issue

I have just purchased this AV receiver along with a Samsung  UE49NU7100 TV. At first the ARC via HDMI worked fine (literally for an hour). But when I came to switch on next time it wasn't working. When I first set everything up there were 3 options to in the Audio settings for TV Speakers; Optical; Home Theatre (the name I'd given to the HDMI-arc port) - that third option has now disappeared. The outcome of this is if I try to watch Netflix on the TV app the sound comes out of the TV speakers rather than the receiver's speakers (and as I have a cable box plugged in if the receiver source is set to that port the sound from that source plays though the receivers speakers at the same time).

Any ideas how to rectify would be appreciated.

Note: I haven't purchased my 5.1 speaker package yet so I'm running in a 2.0 stereo speaker configuration.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
urmstonrichard
Explorer

Resolved 

Unplugged them both and did resets. Did setups from the start and it now works .

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
urmstonrichard
Explorer

Resolved 

Unplugged them both and did resets. Did setups from the start and it now works .

profile.country.GB.title
Angeloa

I’ve plugged my av into my Samsung tv and the home screen doesn’t come on , if I take the hdmi cable out of the tv and plug it into a pc monitor the home screen displays , also to get the home screen I can go to my iPhone and chrome cast or apply play and get the home screen , I’m not sure where the problem lies , I’ve reset the amp and tv does any one have a fix , the Samsung tv is 4 k and it’s got s connect connector (mini hdmi hub) , currently I’m running every thing through the Samsung hub with an arc connected to the amp 

profile.country.GB.title
GodsVessel
New

Can you or anyone help me out. I have a samsung ue65mu9000. I have the dn1080 amp. There seems to be a handshaking issue when i connect through arc hdmi ports on both tv and amp. Tv or amp seems to be confused whether to show the amp menu or the the ps4 pro menu. When cec is activated, the screen seems to continue blink between both the amp menu and the ps4 pro's!!. The only way ive managed to use the amp with the the tv is to turn off anynet cec on the samsung and on the amp. It's a great device but , I am having to use optical which is limited to 5.1. Has anyone experienced this problem??. I have done many factory settings and bought many expensive high speed hdmi cables but, no luck.

Many thanks!!