Join now - be part of our community!

STR-DN1080 slow and laggy

profile.country.GB.title
sepehrbeckham
Explorer

STR-DN1080 slow and laggy

Hi everyone

has anyone had problems with SONY AV Receiver STR-DN1080.

it seems very slow to respond and menu is laggy , Is there anyway I report this directly to Sony !?

Also does anyone know if there are more sound fields will be added to the device !?

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Sepehr, 

Welcome to the community. 

Yes you can contact Sony directly here. They should also be able to give you any new info on sound fields. 

Best wishes, 

Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
MiteBe
Explorer

Hi sepehrbeckham, I must admit that the menu is not immediate and does take a second or so to appear on the screen. This can be made worse if your TV has to switch from TV to AV or from another HDMI source once the AVR has "woken up" and started to display the menu.

One of the reasons I bought this AVR was that I thought it'd make things easier for my wife to operate, but this "lag" just confuses her because the response is not immediate.

MB

profile.country.GB.title
sammens
Explorer

Hi, Did you find any solution? I have done an update but not very much  improvements

profile.country.GB.title
sepehrbeckham
Explorer

No solution so far, sent an email to sony before Christmas but had no response from them ! 

profile.country.GB.title
sammens
Explorer

thanks for your quick reply, the search for a solution goes on, this is my first Sony receiver. Compared to my previous Yamaha Sony needs to do more.

profile.country.GB.title
GreenAndroid2000

Just wanted to support this thread; the 1080 is slow to change inputs, or at least display the feed from the input.

Often it causes my tv to show the "no signal available" message, while the amp changes from one input to the other.

Surely it can change quicker than this?  This is a flagship receiver.  Is there a future update that might improve things?

profile.country.GB.title
Darro-01
Explorer

I had this problem for a long time and I found it really annoying until I realized that the lag was caused by having zone 2 enabled. Turning off this feature when it is not in use will speed the menu up and eliminate the delay between inputs. 

profile.country.GB.title
grolschie
Contributor

The UI and input switching are like molasses. It's a common complaint with this receiver if you search other forums.