Join now - be part of our community!

SVR-HDT500 / SVR-HDT1000 - Duplicate Recordings Issue

SOLVED
Anonymous
Not applicable

SVR-HDT500 / SVR-HDT1000 - Duplicate Recordings Issue

Hello All

For anyone who has these two models HDD Recorders (SVR-HDT500 + SVR-HDT1000) there seems to be an issue when recording.  My mum has one of these boxes and it is recording the same show twice - even though there is only 1 instance in the timer list.

Upon going to the USA Forums, there seems to be others experiencing this issue as well. The people posting on the USA Forums seem to be UK people See:  http://community.sony.com/t5/Home-Theater-Products/Sony-SVR-HDT500-recording-same-programme-twice/td...

I am therefore escalating this issue to SonyUK Support in order for them to provide a resolution.

I would urge those that have this problem to post a reply in this thread.

Thank you all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all

As many of you know, Sony has posted the following below on thier support pages - even though the issue has been fixed at source (i.e the broadcasting end), from my understanding it will take a few days in order for any residual corrupt data to clear itself.  In the meantime, you might experience times that its all fine, then other times the symptoms again.

Cheers

_20161022_103040.JPG

View solution in original post

183 REPLIES 183
cally26
New

Hi I can confirm that I am having the same issue as of 11/10. Working fine before.

My TV works ffrom the wrekin transmitter, which piggy backs off the sutton coldfield transmitter.  I live in the west Midlands. 

HDR records the same programme twice. 

You cannot stop the recording of both and cannot remove the programme from the timer list or cancel in any way during or after the programme has recorded. 

have reset the box, removed from power, re-scanned for signal etc etc. Nothing works.

This issue is all over the UK. 

An urgent response and resolution is required as this is not isolated.

http://community.sony.com/t5/Home-Theater-Products/Sony-SVR-HDT500-recording-same-programme-twice/td...

Please see post at above for others experiencing the same issue. 

Thank - Quinnicus for your help.

BillBloomsbury
Explorer

Hello, so glad you posted this.I have the exact same problem having had no issues at all previously.

My remote is behaving oddly at times. The box reports no problems. It records in duplicate then won't accept new recordings at times. So frustrating! 

BillBloomsbury
Explorer

Relieved to read I am not the only one with a problem and glad I set up an account for this community help. I am based in  north Northamptonshire. I have exactly the same problems with duplicate recordings, inability to cancel etc. I look forward to Sonys response on this! Thanks everyone else looking into this.

profile.country.GB.title
TerrorByte
Explorer

Thanks for moving this thread to the UK Quinnicus.

I have had the same problem with my SVR-HDT1000. It started to slow down about a week ago. It became very un-responsive and it was hard to use the menu or record. A reset returns things to normal for a short while, but it's so bad now that it won't start up without a reset and before recordings are due we reset as it has missed several timer events. If you have two timer events at the same time then again it only records one of them (if you are lucky), but twice on the same channel!

Anonymous
Not applicable

"You cannot stop the recording of both and cannot remove the programme from the timer list or cancel in any way during or after the programme has recorded. "

My mum can also confirm this.

"My remote is behaving oddly at times."

Interesting that you say this, as my mum is also complaining of the same problem (remote not responding) - which I fobbed it off as a 'user error' (Mum error I mean :slight_smile: )  - however she is saying that the remote issue might have been going on for a bit longer

profile.country.GB.title
nasshafi
Explorer

Same problem here as other users.

Hopefully someone will come up with a fix soon.

profile.country.GB.title
TerrorByte
Explorer

@Quinnicus wrote:

"My remote is behaving oddly at times."

Interesting that you say this, as my mum is also complaining of the same problem (remote not responding) - which I fobbed it off as a 'user error' (Mum error I mean :slight_smile: )  - however she is saying that the remote issue might have been going on for a bit longer

I think this is due to the box responding so slowly that remote key presses get queued up and eventually get executed much later, so appearing random. Performing a reset helps speed things up for a short time but eventually grinds to a halt again.

PM7500
Explorer

I have owned a Sony SVR-HDT500 for several years and it has always worked well. That is until a few days ago, the first time I noticed a problem was 7th October 2016 but it could have occurred shortly before that date. It started recording a programme twice using both recorders at the same time. When it is doing this it is not possible to stop the recording and after the recording is finished the details of the recording remain in the timer label box and it is not possible to remove those entries without resetting first. Also if two programmes are selected to record with an overlap between them. My device will now record the first programme twice this using both recorders preventing it from recording the second programme when it is time for it to start. After the first programme has recorded twice it will then start to record the second programme from the point in time the recorders become free from the first recordings. Again the details of the programmes remain in the timer label box and cannot be deleted without resetting first. For some reason the recorder seems to accept two separate signals to start recording for the one programme recording it twice at the same time. I have no explanation why this should happen or how to solve it.

I have tried turning the power to the recorder off and resetting it which then allows you to delete the entries from the timer label list. But on the next recording the same issues happen.

This is obviously not an issue that has happened recently to my recorder alone. You will see in the forum a lot of owners are reporting the same recent problems. I am sure these people are only the tip of the iceberg as a large number of people will not yet be aware of this forum. I hope Sony will investigate this problem and come up with a satisfactory fix. I do not want to buy another recorder but if I and a lot of other HDT500 HDT100 owners have to if this issue cannot be resolved it will not be a Sony.

See also forum : http://community.sony.com/t5/Home-Theater-Products/Sony-SVR-HDT500-recording-same-programme-twice/td...

PEEVED23
Explorer

We've been having this same issue on TWO seperate machines, same model, attached to different tvs for a few days. Getting increasingly annoyed by this, we've tried everything.It seems to affect pre-programmed recordings. It records the program twice, if you try to cancel it the screen freezes then carries on recording. If you go into Timers and try cancelling there it won't and the only way to stop it is to power down then cancel and you end up with 5 or six copies.

I tried resetting to factory settings. It kept my recordings but deleted the timers so good job i took a photo first. But it achieved nothing, it still is duplicating and i've had to reboot again over and over. Remote is flaky, can't skip forwards or backwards as it ends the program you're watching and you have to ffw from the beginning.  Have found you can ffw ok to skip through adverts etc but its hit and miss.

Have had both machines 4 years have decided enough is enough.  If they do ever agree its a software/firmware issue how long will that take to send out a fix?  There's only been one firmware upgrade available for this model since Iwe've had them and we upgraded both machines 3 years ago.  Nothing available since.  It could take months to fix this.  I've bought a Humax today, going to try that until there's a resolution to this problem.