Join now - be part of our community!

TalkTalk/Tiscali iPlayer issues Blu-ray

profile.country.en_GB.title
PeterJ101
Visitor

TalkTalk/Tiscali iPlayer issues Blu-ray

I've a BDP S570 and a EX732 and iplayer has worked ok until last few days. Its great when it works! But over the last few days it now runs out of memory loading the home page and goes into a loop of re-trying until I press HOME to break out of it. Very frustrating. I've been scanning the message boards and lots of folks have been having problems but not seen any mention of this one. Is there a fix or is it just another BBC problem?

Message was edited by: Catmambo

Message was edited by: Catmambo

80 REPLIES 80
profile.country.en_GB.title
paulgrecothompson
Visitor

Agreed.  I suggested giving Sony until the end of the month to talk to Tiscali / BBC and work on an update.  Since the only official voice from Sony is making clearly (to anyone who isn't a small child) untrue statements that the problem can't be fixed at the browser end - and making it clear they don't see it as their problem, consequently doing bugger all about it - I have lost my patience.

I will continue to avoid the problem as best I can, and fix with the temp solution when I have to, but I will never buy a Sony product in my lifetime after this, and the 370 is getting a one-star sh*t-kicking on Amazon tomorrow.. unless I hear a serious change of attitude on Sony's part by end of business tomorrow.  I will reproduce the review here and it will be UGLY.  Hopefully it will encourage everybody else who has experienced this to do the same.  It's the only we can fight against this awful won't-do attitude and problem-ownership denial.