Join now - be part of our community!

UBP-X800 and UBP-X800M2

SOLVED
profile.country.NO.title
AudunSt
Explorer

UBP-X800 and UBP-X800M2

Hi,

I have first and seconf model of the UBP-X800 and have an issue with both:  if I shut down the player while a disk is paused, it doesn't remember where I was in the movie when I turn on the machine again.

I have had other brands earlier, and they even remembered what I was watching even if I ejected the disk and played another movie.

Any tricks/ hints/ settings I could try?  

Thanks!

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @AudunSt,

but that is probably from the troubleshooting/issues part of the manual.

To me it says "if the resume function doesn't work" (confirming it is a feature like I described above) it can have these reasons.

So simply try to press "Stop" on the remote before switching the player off. It remembers multiple movies as well, but I can't give you the number of movies.

- Nic

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.NO.title
AudunSt
Explorer

Found it deep in the manual:  these units doesn't have this feature.  There should be space in the settings memory, but Sony have not found it important enough.  Odd, as a small 30£ player from grosery store did have this feature.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Thanks for letting us know the answer @AudunSt  👍

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @AudunSt,

where in the manual did you read that? I'm asking, as it (I use the UBP-X800) is definetly a feature, but for some discs, you have to press "Stop" before shutting the player off.

I can resume 98% of the movies in my collection (I have around 200 Blu-Rays, mixed between 160 HD and 40 UHD Blu-Rays, so I have quiet the sample-size).

- Nic

profile.country.NO.title
AudunSt
Explorer

approx page 30 in the Norwegian manual I found "Playback does not start from the resume point where you last stopped playback. The resume point may have been removed from memory, depending on the disc when you open the disc tray. disconnect the USB device. you're playing other content. you turn off the player." This is a Q&D translation by me...

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @AudunSt,

but that is probably from the troubleshooting/issues part of the manual.

To me it says "if the resume function doesn't work" (confirming it is a feature like I described above) it can have these reasons.

So simply try to press "Stop" on the remote before switching the player off. It remembers multiple movies as well, but I can't give you the number of movies.

- Nic

profile.country.NO.title
AudunSt
Explorer

Hi,

Usually, I put the film on hold before I shut down the player - stop film do really kick of the resume function.