Join now - be part of our community!

UBP-X800 Handshake issue ? - latest firmware

SOLVED
DanH82
New

UBP-X800 Handshake issue ? - latest firmware

Hi,

I have been very happy since i purchased the X800 UHD player. Unfortunately since the latest firmware rolled out i have had a couple of issues crop up.

Issues :-

The player loses connection to my tv when loading a disc. Seems worse when loading UHD discs, especially Planet Earth 2, the signal reconnecting is hit or miss (sometimes it plays after 30-60 secconds of a black screen other times it wont but i can hear the sound).

If i am lucky the signal reconnects after 10 to 15 secconds of a black screen while hearing the sound play and i am able to watch the film just fine.  

A blue-ray stopped working half way through the movie (WB Batman Returns from Tim Burtons box set) which i had to unplug the player to recover.

My TV is an LG B6V, i had no problems with this player or the Samsung KS8500 before it but since the firmware update these issues have given me a headache.

List of things i have tried with no luck:-

Different HDMI ports

Swapped cables

Factory restore the player settings

Tried Auto / 4:4:4

Turning 24p from on to auto 

Changed sound settings - tried turning off sound on the HDMI port 1 (I use the optical out PCM on the TV to my 2 channel amp ) and I tried coax player to amp.

I have tried more but you get the picture, like i said its only started happening since the latest firmware update. All my other devices (PC, PS3 & 4) work fine no matter what content i play.

Another observation is the player seems a bit slower at loading the discs, so it could be this causing a time out maybe ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DanH82
New

Hi there,

Thank you for the quick reply. 

I managed to resolve my issue with your suggestion. Turns out it was my PlayStation 3 causing a conflict. To resolve I turned off deep colour to off on the tv HDMI port which the ps3 is connected to. After this my x800 functioned properly, really bizarre to be honest considering they run off different ports.

I guess it's some sort of hdcp 2.2 copyright protection kicking in.

Many thanks again.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Just to rule out a conflict with another connected device, can you test with all other devices disconnected from the TV (i.e. PC, PS3, PS4, AV Receiver etc) - leaving just the UBP-X800 connected to the TV.

Cheers

DanH82
New

Hi there,

Thank you for the quick reply. 

I managed to resolve my issue with your suggestion. Turns out it was my PlayStation 3 causing a conflict. To resolve I turned off deep colour to off on the tv HDMI port which the ps3 is connected to. After this my x800 functioned properly, really bizarre to be honest considering they run off different ports.

I guess it's some sort of hdcp 2.2 copyright protection kicking in.

Many thanks again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Excellent - glad you got it working properly again !

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
trigital
Explorer

I have only a PC and this x800 connected on a Yamaha recevier with a Video Projector at the end.

Only if I disconect the Projector, x800 can boot normaly...play HIREZ files.

Unplugging is to primitive sollution, please debug this poor firmware.

Also after non image boot, the streaming service show error till I unplug from main.